Trouble with Mod organizer and skyrim.

Homepage Forums Technical Support Trouble with Mod organizer and skyrim.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Knobs
    Participant

I see every where online people are able to use vorpx with skse and mod skyrim to play it modded, and they are normaly half an half with, you can only use NMM and the rest saying you are able to use MO. But no one really tells how they are able to get it to run with mod organizer. So does any one know how to use vorpx with mod organizers virtual ini’s and skse?

prinyo
    Participant

The same way you use it without VorpX.
    Just start VorpX before starting SKSE in MO.
    (I realize this last sentence can be confusing so to be more precise – start VorpX as usual, do not add it to MO.)

It is been confirmed that it works for both Rift and Vive.

Added:
    About the ini’s, this is what I did. Created a profile in MO for VR and after running the game optimization in the VorpX config app I copy/pasted both ini files from MyGames/Skyrim to the ini editor of MO.

nieda113
    Participant

HI, all i can say vorpx and MO run well together. I did a fresh install because my skyrim was infected by mods relicts due to prior using NMM .

I do have 260+ mods installed , and thanks to a clean install and MO no ctd and ils.

Mostly the problems are that MO is installed on a contaminated skyrim.

Best advice is delete all skyrim related files as well as the appdata folder entries . Save game maybe another reason for crashes.

Knobs
    Participant

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK so neither of these helped, but I have found the problem and will post the solution. Vorpx would not hook because of an incompatibility with my d3d9.dll. So Just by renaming it to backupd3d9.dll every thing works smooth, but then leaving it like that even with vorpx closed via cmdprmt the over lay stays, so i have to name it back. annoying but if any one has a better solution I’m all for it.

Side note: why is my head tracking inverted? It’s a little confusing to play like I’m on a ps2 again.

lipplog
    Participant

I think they understood you were asking IF it would work with MO, not that you tried and it wouldn’t work. But yes, the d3d9.dll file is how VorpX hooks onto the screen image. That’s why you can’t use it with other apps that do the same, like Fraps, or ENBboost. There is a way to install ENBBoost without the d3d9.dll though.

nieda113
    Participant

you guys are talking about old skyrim….. i guess.
    Since the win 10 fall creators update the vram allocation fix is part of the operation system so there is no need anymore for the memory fix (enbboost)of boris.
    I have installed 300 mods with MO2 , and the game runs stable …
    NMM on the other hand is causing ctd frequently but that is because NMM doesnt use a virtual file system and changes the data directory of syrim , whereas MO use a own data directory .U are better off with MO in any case and avoid reinstallation of skyrim if something breaks ..
    And atleast Vorpx and MO 2 work flawlessly together.

prinyo
    Participant

I need to correct two things here to prevent further confusion.

VorpX works with ENB Boost. I have been using it for more than an year with the Injector version of ENB Boost.

The Windows update doesn’t fix the crashes of Oldrim. The game crashes when it consumes more than 3.1GB of system RAM, but what the update fixes is the VRAM limit.
    Oldrim will crash when using more RAM even after the update no mater if you use NMM or MO.
    However I haven’t run Oldrim with MO2, maybe the 64bit MO2 makes a difference somehow. Will try it tonight.

lipplog
    Participant

you guys are talking about old skyrim….. i guess.

I nodded the special edition as well, but unfortunately there are too many essential mods that don’t work with SSE, like no camera sway, and first person kill cam.

nieda113
    Participant

Hi i did not say enb boost doesnt work with vorpx and i used myself the injector enb version. But as for the latest enb there is no injector vesion because boris has not managed to get the 64 bit version run for skyrim se. For old rim the enb boost is not needed relating to my own experience, after upgrading to the win 10 fall update and deleting enb boost from may old skyrim my old skyrim runs perfekt with tons of mods that used to crash even with boris enb boost.
    And yes there is a 64 bit enb boost usable for skyrim se but no need for it just a waste …

prinyo
    Participant

About ENB Boost working I was replying to the post by lipplog. Just wanted to make it more clear that the way to use ENB Boos with VorpX is to use the Injector version of ENB. He says that it can, but doesn’t say how, so I wanted to clarify.

About the Windows update, I hope I’ll be able to test it this weekend with MO2.
    In general it is expected Oldrim to keep crashing as before. Here is a discussion I had about this ( I was expecting the crashes to be fixed). https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/757orf/minor_update_to_windows_10_performance_guide_for/do48ts0/

If Oldrim is indeed not crashing for you because of the memory usage it would be very cool if we could find out why.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!