Trouble with Oculus DK2 and Vorpx

Homepage Forums Technical Support Trouble with Oculus DK2 and Vorpx

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    SeekerStriker
    Participant

so i cant run any games with vorpx on oculus dk2. i set it to be a third screen for my pc but when i start games. they always start on the primary monitor and there i sno way to move it to the oculus and if i drag the windowed window over to the creen it looks all chopped and the creen is zoomed in WAY too far. can anyone give me a tutorial on how to run games on DK2 with vorpx?

(i think my oculus is glitched it displays landscape as portrait and portrait and landscape in the resolution screen so i have to have my oculus on portrait flipped for it to be right)

i can run unity games that have direct to oculus though

Ralf
    Keymaster

First thing you should do is to disable/disconnect your third monitor. You may add it later, but to get things running it’s better to exclude any possible additional source of errors.

Afterwards please check the DK2 setup guide in the vorpX documentation. You basically have two options: Using the DK2 as secondary display is more convenient, using it as primary display is more compatible. All steps in the guide are important.

Games should be set to 1920×1080 and launched in fullscreen mode.

If you use Windows 8, please also check the Win8 sticky above, unfortunately some Win8 related information did not make into the setup guide.

Bitchin
    Participant

Hi I have problems with Vorpx, I only ever get a split screen effect where the same screen is shown twice on the dk2, I have tried a lot of settings and can not get it to work with any game (Portal 2, GTA V etc)

I run win 8.1 64 and I can get all the direct to rift stuff working and the occasional thing like LiveViewRift video viewer, but I cannot get games to work with vorpx…

I have read several forum posts where the following is stated:

If you use Windows 8, please also check the Win8 sticky above, unfortunately some Win8 related information did not make into the setup guide.

For the life of me I can not find this “sticky”

Could you post an actual link to this post so I can try the recommended settings please.
    Thanks in advance
    Bob

Ralf
    Keymaster

This thread is almost a year old, hence the sticky you mention doesn’t exist anymore. It only referred to the display orientation setting and is now included in the DK2 Setup Guide in the vorpX help.

If you don’t get 3D in GTA V after starting the game, please ALT TAB to the desktop and back, which should resolve the glitch. Be aware that the game is Z-Buffer 3D only, which generally means “less 3D” for forground objects, but twice the framerate.

Portal 2 has Geometry 3D and Z-Buffer 3D, for the best Stereo 3D effect make sure that Geometry 3D is enabled (should be per default).

If you want “more 3D”, you can raise the “3D-Strength/Separation” parameter on the main page of the ingame menu. The default of 1.0 is close to what you get in reality though. So, more is not better in this regard.

Bitchin
    Participant

I have tried uninstalling vorpx and deleted all registry entries, reinstalled it and re registered it and I still cannot get anything working with it. I go into Portal 2 (on my monitor without dk2) and set video to 1920 x 1080 and save it, I then quit game restart it on my monitor and check the settings are the same, which they always are. I then run vorpx, run portal 2 and the screen goes black, then it returns to desktop with Portal 2 music running and if I click the icon for portal 2 on the task bar, the screen flashes black then drops back to desktop.. I turn off dk2 and vorpx, go back into game on my monitor and the video settings have been changed to some weird 476 x 1490 setting… change settings back, repeat the above and get the same outcome. I find it really frustrating that I can only launch the vorpx config whilst the dk2 is switched on, trying to view desktop icons and windows in vr sucks… the Oculus display mode software runs without the need for the dk2 and I think this would be a great help. If I cannot get the games to launch how does an in-game vorpx menu help ? Getting really frustrated with this now, I bought Vorpx months ago and have had zero success with it, I put in 3-4 hours every now and then trying to get a game working but it is an endless roundabout of failure. I can run demo’s for DK2 in direct or extended mode, I can run games with DK2 support like Live for Speed or Project cars instantly, but Vorpx fails me every time I try to use it. Perhaps it’s a win8 64 thing ? I just cannot get it to work .

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just a guess, but this sounds like the display orientation of the Rift may not be set correctly. In Win 8 you may have to set it to “Landscape flipped” instead of “Portrait”. You know what is right when the DK2 icon in the Windows monitor configuration dialog looks like a normal wide screen monitor.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!