Trouble with Space Engineers

Homepage Forums Technical Support Trouble with Space Engineers

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Zakur
    Participant

Hi

I have trouble getting space engineers to work with vorpX, when im trying to start it just say the following.

Img of the error

After pressing ok space engineers starts up without problem, except you can’t se the mouse and the obvious the vr stuff don’t work.

This is the only game the gives this kind of error (Both from vorpX and steamVR games) And I haven’t managed to start it since I got vorpX 2018-07-05.

But since they have been releasing some juicy updates very recently it would be cool to experience it in vr.

Any tips what I can do or is it just broken? (They have been updateing the game quite often)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Normally vorpX is supposed to display its own cursor in Space Engineers since the game’s cursor can’t be duplicated for the left/right eye.

If you can’t see the vorpX cursor, try to press ALT+C just in case the cursor visiblity didn’t get tracked currectly.

Zakur
    Participant

Sorry, looks like I did misslinked the image.

Did try to ALT-C ingame to se if anything happend but no nothing happend. I do have the vorpX logo at the bottom but since steamVR crashed I guess its dead?

the error

Zakur
    Participant

Soo… should I take the silence as you are looking into why its not working? As a said above its so far only space engineers that is not working, rest of the game both in vorpX and steamVR is working as normal.

If you need more information about the computer running it i can of course provide it.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Sorry, not everything can be investigated here in detail immediately. Thanks for your understanding.

As a workaround for now you can play the game via the desktop viewer instead of letting vorpX hook into it.

1. Setup the game to use windowed or windowed fullscreen mode.
    2. Exit the game.
    3. Launch the vorpX desktop viewer
    4. Right click the vorpX tray icon and disable the watcher.
    5. Launch the game.

Provided your issue can be replicated here it will be looked into before the next update.

Zakur
    Participant

Of course! :) Sorry if I was being force full.

Will you comment in this thread on what you find when you start look into it? And when is the next update planed for?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Looks like the game does some weird things that cause SteamVR to fail during its very first init call. Like the error message suggests it’s not a vorpX error, SteamVR cannot be initialized from within the game anymore.

Still works fine with Oculus though, so you could try Revive (https://github.com/LibreVR/Revive) with vorpX in Oculus mode. Revive translates Oculus calls to SteamVR. Didn’t try that, but it’s worth a shot. Your other option is the workaround explained above.

Zakur
    Participant

Thanks for taking a look at it so fast :)

So I tried to Revive and got it working with its “default installed games” just to verify that i got i up and running.

Then in vorpX switched to following

vorpX config

And then tryed to start space engineers when everything is up, first I got this warning.

Error 01

And then the error.

Error 02

Afterwards I tried to patch space engineers from revive, but no diffrences.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I can’t really suggest anything else than above, sorry again. The Revive method was worth a shot, but obviously not guaranteed to work.

With an actual Oculus headset it’s working just fine in Oculus mode. I will remove the game from the supported games list nonetheless to avoid future confusion, the game devs broke vorpX support with their updates one time too often.

Your other option is the desktop viewer method described above. For your convenience:

1. Setup the game to use windowed or windowed fullscreen mode.
    2. Exit the game.
    3. Launch the vorpX desktop viewer
    4. Right click the vorpX tray icon and disable the watcher.
    5. Launch the game.

Zakur
    Participant

Thanks for taking your time on this Ralf really appreciated.

With kind regards
    Zakur

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!