Trouble with Star Wars the Old Republic on Rift

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Trouble with Star Wars the Old Republic on Rift

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    esopsis
    Participant

I’ve been trying to get SWTOR to work with my Oculus Rift using Vorpx. I have my reasons for wanting to play it…

I’ve played tons of other games using Vorpx, and they all worked fine, I open Vorpx, I open the game, bam, it’s there in my headset. But with SWTOR, I open the Vorpx, I open the game, (in windowed mode like usual), I log in, I put on my headset, and I’m just stuck in the Oculus lobby. The game shows up on my PC monitor as usual, but nothing in my headset. Has anyone had any experience trying SWTOR with Vorpx or have any suggestions? Thanks so much!

(Just in case anyone’s wondering how I’m going to use all the controls, I found a nice map for using xPadder to map keys to my xBox controller and that’s all set up and ready to go so I can avoid the keyboard.)

coppdog
    Participant

I am wondering if anyone has got this game working with the Vive?

MarcEQ
    Participant

Hi! I’m also eager to play Swtor on Oculus Rift, now finding VorpX but reading about this issue. Does that issue persist or is the game playable finally? Please tell…

matteo39
    Participant

news?

matteo39
    Participant

n-n-n-ews? :)

Baktus
    Participant

I played swtor with vorpx last year a few months and had no problem with vorpx to hook in. I stopped playing because there wasnt a good free camera for vr playing (not like in eso, wow or gw2) and a terrible anticheat wich blocked my controller and mouse mapping i normally use for playing games with vorpx.

Maybe its now the anticheat wich is blocking vorpx before hooking into the game?

(if there is no vorpx logo at the botton of your swtor pc screen, vorpx was not able to hook in and than there is no signal to start the game in your oculus)

matteo39
    Participant

I played swtor with vorpx last year a few months and had no problem with vorpx to hook in. I stopped playing because there wasnt a good free camera for vr playing (not like in eso, wow or gw2) and a terrible anticheat wich blocked my controller and mouse mapping i normally use for playing games with vorpx.

Maybe its now the anticheat wich is blocking vorpx before hooking into the game?

(if there is no vorpx logo at the botton of your swtor pc screen, vorpx was not able to hook in and than there is no signal to start the game in your oculus)

which vorpx profile do you use?

RJK_
    Participant

Isnt there an official profile for the game ? You could also try the KOTOR 2 profile from the cloud, this should run with KOTOR 1 as well. I personally had no problems playing it on the vive.

@baktus

You are possibly assuming wrong, KOTOR 1/2 is openGL and openGL games do not show the vorpX logo on the monitor.At least i could report that from my setup.

matteo39
    Participant

Isnt there an official profile for the game ? You could also try the KOTOR 2 profile from the cloud, this should run with KOTOR 1 as well. I personally had no problems playing it on the vive.

@baktus

You are possibly assuming wrong, KOTOR 1/2 is openGL and openGL games do not show the vorpX logo on the monitor.At least i could report that from my setup.

THIS topic is for THE OLD REPUBLIC, not KOTOR !

@baktus
    : which profile do you use for “the old republic”?

RJK_
    Participant

I very much apologize for my mistake.

matteo39
    Participant

up!

i want to play the old republic with vorpx! it uses the elder scrolls online engine!

TUGaming
    Participant

I have only been able to play this in desktop mode but makes the game very sluggish in the VR headset. Still trying to find a way to get this to work.

matteo39
    Participant

Which Engine it uses?

RJK_
    Participant

I think the game is using Granny3D, not shure, you could try Sacred 2 or The first Templar from my cloud profiles. No guarantee.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!