Trying to figure out why FO76 looks/runs so badly with G3D

Homepage Forums Technical Support Trying to figure out why FO76 looks/runs so badly with G3D

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Senan
    Participant

Just want to preface this by saying that I absolutely love Vorpx and it’s probably the best $40 I ever spent on something gaming-related. So far, most experiences with it have been great, including most of the other Bethesda titles. 76 though… I just don’t know what the deal is. G3D is pretty much unusable for me, and with my specs, I don’t get it.

Specs:

RTX 3080 OC (the better 12GB variant of the card)
    32 GB memory
    i9 9960X (turbos to 4.5, per core)

It’s not the most recent CPU but I average low 40s (to 30s) on FPS with G3D, and that’s on “Decent” default settings on Vorpx (don’t even get me started when I try to increase the quality…). Not to mention, it looks atrocious visually–like it almost gives me a headache after a few minutes.

For the record, without Vorpx, I can run the game on Ultra settings and stay above 100fps at all times, so I was expected at least around the 50s with Vorpx running. Z3D is much better but even that goes into the 50s at times (and when it’s really busy, 40s). At least with that mode, I can make the game look nice, but the 3D effect isn’t near as good.

I’m just perplexed by this game. Is that how it typically runs in G3D with specs like mine?

Thanks for any info!

(P.S. Are there any recommended mods for making the UI more usable with Vorpx? My pipboy doesn’t show entirely, even when using edgepeek. Not sure what that’s about.)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!