Two Video Cards

Homepage Forums Technical Support Two Video Cards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    KristoferNathan
    Participant

My Razer Blade 2014 14″ gaming laptop has 2 video cards, an Intel HD for battery saving and Nvidia gtx870M for all things gaming. Does VorpX have any trouble working with setups like these?

redbaron1946
    Participant

Its really not 2 video cards. The Intel processor has graphics cores, like many Intel processors, and the laptop has one dedicated video card. And the laptop is able to turn off the dedicated video card and just use the Intel processor for simple graphic processing. Vorpx should have no trouble with this setup. However, that video card will struggle with vorpx with geometry on, you want to be above 75 frames with an oculus, it just feels better and I personally do not get motion sickness above 75 fps. I do not know what first person games you will be able to play on low graphics while still getting those fraps. But good luck bro, tell me how it goes.

redbaron1946
    Participant

Never mind my last comment with the graphics card, I completely read the model wrong. You should be great with that video card.

Ralf
    Keymaster

There is no general Optimus issue, but that isn’t a guarantee for every laptop configuration out there, of course. Might make sense to check whether your laptop allows you to disable the Intel graphics or at least to prioritize nVidia when a game starts (usually in the nVidia control panel).

KristoferNathan
    Participant

Never mind my last comment with the graphics card, I completely read the model wrong. You should be great with that video card.

I was wondering why you were saying that. Most of the games run beautifully on my setup.

There is no general Optimus issue, but that isn’t a guarantee for every laptop configuration out there, of course. Might make sense to check whether your laptop allows you to disable the Intel graphics or at least to prioritize nVidia when a game starts (usually in the nVidia control panel).

I can easily adjust in control panel to run particular applications with the high performance graphics processor. The issue comes with applications that run other applications and by default use the onboard/intel graphic card and don’t give me the option. Virtual Desktop, for instance, has this issue. I can run Virtual Desktop with my nvidia card but for some reason it causes all types of problems. If I run it with the intel onboard card it works as intended but with terribly low fps.

Anonymous
    Inactive

For what its worth I have the exact same laptop and no issues here :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!