Two Worlds 2 – working

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Two Worlds 2 – working

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    RJK_
    Participant

For those who want to now:

Two Worlds 2 now runs with VorpX 17.3.0. ( used to crash with previos version) .

RJ

andybak
    Participant

G3D? DirectVR? I’ll add it to https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17I07-RpOsVpc1XzswJ4zobAisT0ouoONXeNwGDjqDI0 if you can give me some more info.

RJK_
    Participant

I think its z-buffer and z-buffer adaptive or something. Definaltely not G3D.

PS: that list doesnt load properly ,only half

RJK_
    Participant

List loads with firefox.

I have tried quite a couple of games with vorpx before with suscess but cant rembember the modes they were working with. Are they worth to mention here ? (They are not in the official list yet)

andybak
    Participant

I’d be interested ti jbiw if any games that work that I wouldn’t know about otherwise.

If I own any of them I’ll test them myself.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The thing is that actually most DX9-DX11 (+ older OpenGL) games “work” with vorpX one way or the other unless there is an issue that prevents vorpX from hooking into them.

In the most basic way that means games without a profile that are shown in 2D. That always “works” in cinema/immersive screen mode, and if there is a way to adjust the FOV to something headset compatible, it can provide a fun experience even in full VR mode. Not everyone’s cup of tea, of course. A notification shown on start makes it very clear that such a game is not a supported game.

The next step in unsupported games that work are user created game profiles that can be created in the config app and are uploaded to the cloud. Such a user profile can (but doesn’t have to) have basic 3D, but usually no game specific shader fixes (shadows, HUD, fx fixes etc.), and of course none of the “higher level features”.

And so on up until game profiles that have every single feature that vorpX provides of which there are plenty by now.

andybak
    Participant

Understood – but I think it would be useful to have a list of games that support G3D as a bare minimum.

I don’t think anyone buys VorpX to play games in VR in 2D – there are other apps that do a reasonably good job of that.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not even I do know that list. There are a lot of user profiles in the cloud based on existing ones that were never tested here. No problem if you want to help, but if you do a list that wants to be complete and precise, please make sure it is.

On a side note: there are a lot of 2D profiles in the cloud, so I think it’s safe to say that apparently those who uploaded these profiles found them worthwile to play. No such games were ever (and will never be) mentioned as supported, of course. Your bare minimum however is not the bare minimum of everybody else.

I don’t want to linger on 2D games too long as that is obviously far from perfect, but I’m not sure if I get how you could even call anything else close to fairly well for 2D games considering the minimum standard you apparently expect from vorpX. It’s quite safe to say that even for playing in 2D vorpX is the best solution by a huge margin: 1. head tracking, 2. various options to account for missing FOV, 3. no need to force games to windowed mode, 4. direct hooking into games instead of capturing the output, 5. VR controller support, 6. automatic headset audio. I think you get the idea. I could probably come up with at least five more reasons if I contemplated about it a bit.

RJK_
    Participant

The Two Worlds 2 Add On Pirates of the flying fortress keeps crashing with vorpX which doesnt show any fonts in the config screen. In the log i found an error called : ERR: UIRendererDX11: Font creation failed: type:0

may be interesting for the dev

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!