Unable to get running with DK2

Homepage Forums Technical Support Unable to get running with DK2

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sevara
    Participant

Hey all,

I’m hitting a roadblock on trying to get VorpX running on my rig. I installed vorpX 0.9 to use with my DK2 running 0.8.1 firmware, and every time it tries to launch a hooked application, I get this error:

“The program can’t start because api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.”

The error always gets reported by the launching application (in this case, dearesther.exe), and the first time I run it, it completely crashes the application with a fault thrown in ntdll.dll.

Even though the application’s reporting it, I know it’s a problem with the injector because it’s the same missing dll error no matter what application I’m launching, and it stops happening when I pause the listener.

I haven’t been running any other injectors alongside vorpX, but I uninstalled ReShade for good measure, and I’ve made sure there are no processes running from overlay applications.

As far as system hardware, I’m running a R9 280 with AMD 15.301 drivers and 16 GB of RAM. Any advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Ralf
    Keymaster

That may be caused by a dll file that vorpX needs not being suitable for your Windows version for some reason. Normally vorpX should install the right file, but if a wrong one already exists, it skips copying it.

Note that this only should happen on Windows 7. Windows 8+ should already have the right version of this dll. If you get this error on Windows 8/10, something more severe is wrong. Your system may not be fully OK in that case. Either way, please create a system restore point before doing the below and backup the files to be overwritten. Really!

Please download the ZIP archive linked below. In it are two folders.

If you use a 64bit Windows:

1. copy the DLL from the x64 folder to C:\Windows\System32
    2. copy the DLL from the x86 folder to C:\Windows\SysWOW64

If you use a 32bit Windows:

1. copy the DLL from the x86 folder to C:\Windows\System32

http://www.vorpx.com/share/F7VCD-WEBK7-TC78G-HUN53/D3DCompiler47.zip

Sevara
    Participant

Yup. Should have mentioned that it’s Win7 Ultimate 64-bit. Swapped those two files, restarted, and it’s working fine now. Thanks!

htejer
    Participant

Hi, I’m having the same problem, could you please re-up the file? Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!