Unable to launch a game with Vorpx

Homepage Forums Technical Support Unable to launch a game with Vorpx

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Thoris
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I installed Vorpx a few days ago and I still cannot launch a game with it. I’m trying to use Vorpx with Resident Evil 7 on Steam. I’m using an Oculus Quest 2.

First I connect my Oculus by USB-3 then I activate Oculus Link. I open Vorpx with “Start Vorpx” and a tray appears in the task bar. Then I configure Vorpx, I set “Oculus” in the Device Selection and I choose Resident Evil 7 in the game list, then I apply. I open Steam and launch SteamVR. My Oculus is recognized and I launch Resident Evil 7. A message appears to tell me that the game is not VR and I press OK. The game’s launched but I cannot see Vorpx message that tells me Vorpx is attaching re7.exe. If I press del button, nothing happens.
    I execute re7.exe in a windowed mode.

Please help me, I really don’t know what to do.

Thanks for the help

Thoris
    Participant

I tried some other games to be sure and Resident Evil 4 is great, but Resident Evil Village doesn’t work too.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Hooking issues almost always are conflicts with other programs on your PC. The by far most likely candidate would be some invasive third party AV program. If you use anything else than Windows Defender, consider to remove it for testing purposes. Some more annoying third party AV programs are difficult to disable. Windows Defender kicks in automatically, so there is no risk involved.

More details regarding other potential hooking conflicts can be found in the trouble shooting guide in the ‘Technical Support’ forum.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!