Unexpected parameters error upon exit

Homepage Forums Technical Support Unexpected parameters error upon exit

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Smoils
    Participant

Whenever vorpx closes be it choosing “exit” or it restarts after changing to admin etc an error pops up “Exception Processing Message 0xc0000005 – Unexpected Parameters”

This started happening only after latest update

Ralf
    Keymaster

Never have seen that error before, seems to be some Windows error message, certainly not something vorpX shows itself. Can’t replicate that here, neither under Windows 10 nor 11. If you by any chance use some invasive third party AV program (i.e. anything else than Windows Defender), pleae try without. A long shot, but not really sure what else to suggest.

Unrelated sidenote: don’t run vorpX as admin unless you need that for hooking into (mostly old) games that reqiure admin rights themselves. There is no other reason to run vorpX as admin than that.

Smoils
    Participant

This is that error window if it helps. Im on windows 10 (without latest updates) and it started to only happen after recent update. Error doesnt break anything or mess with vorpx performance so I just ignore it. Tried to disable nod32 with an option it offers, but same error shows regardless. As for admin mode, I try to run vorpx withoput it, but sometimes I need it for specific apps that need to be run as admin too.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Something must be different on your system compared to a ‘clean’ Windows install. I’ll check your AV scanner myself on a testbox. Since these programs tend to deeply hook into Windows that’s still my first suspect. From my experience some of the more annoying third party AV applications make it really hard to disable all they do. Sometimes only a uninstall fully gets you rid of them.

On a sidenote: your system doesn’t really get less secure without third party AV, at least not in any way that is relevant for normal usage. Windows Defender has come a long way over the years. For all practical purposes it’s more than good enough.

Smoils
    Participant

Thanks for advice, I have my own reasons to have a setup that I do and not use MS solutions. Nod32 used to give mea headaches with vorpx because disabling protection button wasnt actually disabling some of its scans and preventing vorpx from hooking in the past, I fixed it by finding yet another list of exclusions I had to add vorpx to.

Thing is this error started to show only after vorpx update, while not a single other app had any changes along with system itself, literally nothing changed but vorpx one day.

If you say this error is unknown to you it means its not a vorpx error and since its really more of a little annoyance to me, plus hard to replicate, I guess it doesnt need to be fixed.

Ralf
    Keymaster

There have been some changes to the vorpControl app that your AV software might not like. Don’t want to convince you, just wanted to point out that these days there is little benefit in using third party AV programs under normal circumstances while at the same they often are more invasive and pose a greater risk of having to deal with weird issues.

I’ll keep an eye on the matter. So far no other reports like yours, so at this point it’s reasonable to consider this an isolated issue somehow linked to your system configuration.

Smoils
    Participant

Just to inform you it MUST have been nod32, I exported settings it had, reinstalled nod av, imported settings back and now problem is gone.

I mean its same version with same settings and vorpx didnt update so I assume AV had some corrupt files or something during one of its background updates.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!