Unofficial DirectVR profiles?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Unofficial DirectVR profiles?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Do you guys know of any cloud profiles with DirectVR support for the games that do not have an official DirectVR support so far? Or only the Ralf Almighty (yes, I do worship him sometimes) can create them?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Only Ralf Almighty can create DirectVR profiles, sorry. That’s not something that can be done with a single click. It usually involves hours of work and tuning literally dozens of arcane parameters that have to be learned and understood first. Often it’s not even easily done for games based on the same graphics engine. And in the end you may very well end up with nothing since there is no guarantee it will work with a specific game at all.

As much as I would like to see more work done by users, the chance of someone (including you :) ) willing to learn all that is required and then actually do it on a regular basis afterwards is just too small to justify the amount of work that would be necessary to program more accessible tools than those that are available for that now. Maybe one day if there is nothing else to do.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the response, Ralf! I suspected as much, just wanted to scratch the itch :) I have another noob itching question: is it possible to create automatic adjustment for Z3D, similar to DirectVR for G3D? After all, Z3D does have some advantages, especially when G3D is problematic for various reasons. Even if the outcome is not ideal, I think it could be worth it.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Direct VR is already independent from the stereo 3D method. If a game has Direct VR, it works with Geometry 3D as well as with Z-Buffer 3D.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!