Unreal Engine and Vorpx?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Unreal Engine and Vorpx?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rich0550
    Participant

Obviously its easy to make a game in UE4 for VR. But for demos others make that are not in VR will vorpX hook?

Thanks!

Smoils
    Participant

Usually if game/demo is made in UE4 its easy to make your own profile in vorpx – just copy a profile of another game that is already working in vorpx and is running UE4, you might have to try several games, but eventually you will find one that works and doesnt have unplayable artifacts in g3d.

vorpex
    Participant

Usually if game/demo is made in UE4 its easy to make your own profile in vorpx – just copy a profile of another game that is already working in vorpx and is running UE4, you might have to try several games, but eventually you will find one that works and doesnt have unplayable artifacts in g3d.

Observer System Redux is made in UE4 and I don’t believe anyone has gotten any profile working.

Smoils
    Participant

“Usualy”

observer that was initially released had a hidden vr mode enabled via console, as for redux you can never know if it was because its impossible or no one had patience enough to try every profile possible. Finally it can be running dx12, in which case only cyberpunk profile might work if you are very lucky.

vorpex
    Participant

observer that was initially released had a hidden vr mode enabled via console, as for redux you can never know if it was because its impossible or no one had patience enough to try every profile possible. Finally it can be running dx12, in which case only cyberpunk profile might work if you are very lucky.

Yes, VR via a launch argument, I have the original with the VR-supported first patch but I still get major artifacts in the right eye. For others, it seems that the issue goes away after the intro, but even after altering graphical settings it persists for me. Other than that, it works pretty well, so truly a missed opportunity on the devs. A few bug fixes and it would’ve been one of the most immersive VR experiences. I’ll have to check out the VorpX profile for it sometime.

System Redux does support DX11, so I’m hopeful some kind of VorpX support could be implemented as it was for the original.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!