Unreal Gold – found working profile but…

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Unreal Gold – found working profile but…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jjensson
    Participant

Hey guys! After 2 days of messing around, i finally found a way to play Unreal Gold in Stereo3D.

Nothing worked at first, not the RJK profiles, nor the slydk1982 ones (no stereo3D). But what did work was a cloud profile by dimensionaldude (for OpenGL). Very clean, great 3D, quite natural scale, almost no distortions. But the downside is that some things render very very close: the HUD, the coronas, the mountain backgrounds (those low res textures with the alpha channel).

I guess that those elements are rendered by the same shader (?), so i want to try and position them farther away. But how? I already tried setting HUD Depth in VorpX to max, but it didn’t do anything.

Any ideas?

CrunchyGlass
    Participant

If you push the G3D to 5 and set the main eye to your preference, the gun and crosshair will only render in that eye (which you can get used to very quickly / quite playable). I use cinematic / g3d for it. The coronas can maybe be disabled in one of the .ini files, but not sure. Haven’t found a way to get the skybox from rendering at the front of the depth buffer though.

jjensson
    Participant

I see. No, i don’t want to disable the coronas. It’s the distinguishing visual feature of Unreal, what made it special at the time. The coronas *are* Unreal, as stupid as it sounds. :)

It seems that this is another one of the games that don’t run with VorpX. Sad.

Still, i appreciate you trying to help.

CrunchyGlass
    Participant

The coronas only draw in the one same eye as the weapon / hud when g3d is set to 5.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!