Update 20.1 causes EdgePeek to Turn entire display upside down on Oculus

Homepage Forums Technical Support Update 20.1 causes EdgePeek to Turn entire display upside down on Oculus

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    UberDemon
    Participant

Weird,

There was nothing changed from yesterday to today except the new vorpX software. I can look and invoke the config menu in the application, as soon as I click EdgePeek, the entire thing goes upside down in my Oculus Rift S. I did not mess with head tracking (that is, in vorpX it is enabled).

I use EdgePeek a lot for flight simulation. Unfortunately right now vorpX is unusable until someone can help me fixing this in the Oculus.

Is there a way you can make the older version available when issues like this happen?

I also noticed that the Joy2Key bindings in the game are no longer detected when using vorpX.

Ralf
    Keymaster

EdgePeek:

Can’t replicate. Please provide some details. Which game is this? Also FullVR or Immersive Screen?

Please first try to reset the game profile to default, if that doesn’t help, try a full factory reset. You can find both options in the config app (trouble shooting page).

Joy2Key:

Either make sure that vorpX’s internal gamepad mapper is disabled (‘X-Box Gamepad Override’) or use that instead of Joy2Key. If you don’t need any special features Joy2Key provides, using the internal mapper should always be your preference.

UberDemon
    Participant

Tried full factory reset, reboot, reconnection of Oculus. It is happening on IL-2 1946. It is not only turning upside down, it is also a mirror, so letters are backwards in addition to being upside down. It happens as soon as EdgePeek is invoked. Of course on the monitor everything is fine.

I really only use vorpX for that program. Can you make the previous version available? I use a cloud profile called IL-2 1946 [Ekull]. Maybe you can see what in that profile could cause that game to behave that way.

UberDemon
    Participant

OK, there is definitely something going on there:

If I start the app in Full VR mode, and I click Edge Peek, the screen goes upside down and mirror/backwards.

If I invoke the Settings menu, it appears as normal, so I can change settings, but as I said the background is upside down and backwards.

As soon as I changed to any other option, say from VR to Immersive, or to Cinema, it turns back to normal, normal view, with readable letters. In Cinema when I use EdgePeek it displays an additional area in the bottom with part of the screen but it is normal. If I go back to Immersive or VR, it is back to normal, but as soon as I click EdgePeek, it goes back to upside down mirror.

What could be causing that? Also, it is like that whether I am in the menus or playing in 3D. If I click EdgePeek, it is upside down mirror, and the only way to correct it is by bringing the vorpX menu and changing to different display.

Something changed between this and the previous version. If this cannot be fixed, can you arrange for a previous version to be available?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not a supported game, but I’ll check it tomorrow. Sounds like some really weird head tracking issue. When you press the EdgePeek button what actually happens is that the camera gets pulled back. Nothing really changed in that regard. Probably a coincidence that you have this issue just now.

If you have any other software running besides vorpX that potentially affects head tracking (e.g. OpenTrack or something similar), please also check what happens without that.

Please also try to re-run the Oculus headset setup to ensure everything is OK in that regard and also check whether recentering tracking helps in vorpX (ALT+SPACE).

UberDemon
    Participant

tried the re-centering as well. Also, when the screen is upside down and mirrored, pressing EdgePeek again does not correct it, only invoking the menu and changing to one of the other modes correct screen. I’ll try re-installing Oculus though.

Ralf
    Keymaster

You can cancel the Oculus reinstall. Seems to be related to the game using OpenGL. I’ll check what’s going on in detail and prepare a hotfix ASAP.

UberDemon
    Participant

You are like… a mentor to me! The wind beneath my wings! Thank you for taking a look at it, and yes, OpenGL was the preferred interface for IL-2… let me try DirectX and see if that fixes anything (also available in IL-2), although OpenGL seems to work better.

Just a quick question, is there a quicker way to set the VR/look keys faster through an “ini” file instead of using the in-game interface or are those associated with game profiles?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Thanks for insisting that there has to be an issue. I checked several OpenGL games before release, but apparently never checked EdgePeek with them. The issue is already identified.

I’ll update the setup without bumping up the version number in an hour or so, so no auto-update. Please use your web installer to reinstall. If you need a new one, you can get it here: https://www.vorpx.com/request-new-download/

It’s not up yet, but will be in an hour or so.

Settings are stored in a database, no ini to edit.

BTW: You can save profile settings to your PC by dragging the profile name entry from the ‘Local Profiles’ list to your desktop.

Stryker_66
    Participant

Thanks for insisting that there has to be an issue. I checked several OpenGL games before release, but apparently never checked EdgePeek with them. The issue is already identified.

Thanks for addressing this. I was going to send a post today regarding this issue since I noticed the issue of an upside down display with Amnesia: The Dark Descent (opengl game) when invoking EdgePeek. I thought maybe I had too much Xmas drinky….lol

Happy holiday all!

UberDemon
    Participant

Confirmed hotfix applied and fixes issue after performing web-reinstall. Again thank you and Merry Christmas.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!