Update broke input?

Homepage Forums Technical Support Update broke input?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Savant1984
    Participant

Soooo the update seems to have broken my inputs? It was working fine before, but now it only recognises *some* inputs.
    VoiceAttack (note that it’s recognising my commands and inputting them according to it; the problem seems to be in VorpX): ‘Delete’ *never* works. ‘Alt-Space’ *only inputs the spacebar but not alt*
    Keyboard: ‘Delete’ works *sometimes*
    Gamepad: *Some* inputs work *sometimes*? I can’t find a pattern.

As I said, it was working perfectly before the update, so apparently it had something to do with that.

(For reference, I’m running Middle-Earth Shadow of War, with I think Syberjunkie’s profile.)

TIA!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Does it work without Voice Attack running? Keyboard input handling has changed for a little performance boost.

Instead of updating the vorpX keyboard state from within the game that’s now done by the vorpX control app, which sends it to the ingame part of vorpX. Saves about a quarter of a millisecond per frame. Not much, but every bit counts.

I could imagine that the simulated Voice Attack input isn’t recognized correctly that way if it is sent directly to the game.

Ralf
    Keymaster

There has been a hotfix release that *might* fix your Voice Attack issue. Worth to check it out again.

Savant1984
    Participant

Thanks Raif!

I wasn’t able to test it on every hotfix, but after the most recent I’ve tried Remnant: From the Ashes and Dark Souls III. VoiceAttack wouldn’t work in either. My Xbox controller (Bluetooth connection) works fine for Remnant. When I try it with Dark Souls III, though, nothing. If I hit Del on the keyboard, I can use the gamepad to navigate the VorpX menu (and make sure that the Oculus Touch controllers are disabled), but when I close the VorpX menu, Dark Souls III stops accepting any inputs at all from anything and I have to CTRL+ALT+DEL my way out.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I have no experience with Voice Attack, so I can just give some general hints. If it sends its input to a specific application, the target would now have to be vorpControl.exe for vorpX commands like EdgePeek etc. If you use VoiceAttack for both game and vorpX actions its input would have to be sent to both the game and vorpControl.exe.

Maybe there is some option to ‘broadcast’ the VoiceAttack input to all running programs. Just a guess though, never used it myself.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!