Updating the compatibility spreadsheet. Volunteers?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Updating the compatibility spreadsheet. Volunteers?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    andybak
    Participant

I haven’t heard back from the original author of https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nD_HyS8v_zKf9MZ3OYVpdnKAJBeMycGTgFmaJ639Oyg/

So I’ve created a copy: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17I07-RpOsVpc1XzswJ4zobAisT0ouoONXeNwGDjqDI0/

I’ll make a start on updating it based on release notes but I’m really keen on adding in more games that are known to work but haven’t been officially mentioned by Ralf.

If you’d like to help then please apply for editing rights via the Google Sheets menu.

andybak
    Participant

I must admin I’m a bit confused by the release notes. For example:

> Battlefield 1: Z3D, full VR, DirectVR: FOV, resolution, tweaks

What does “Full VR” mean? I would personally have taken it to mean “G3D and full head tracking”.

That would mean the gold standard would be “Full VR” plus “Full DirectVR” – meaning everything is set up automatically.

However most entries in the release notes say something like “Direct VR: FOV, resolution, tweaks”. Does this mean no DirectVR for position and rotation?

Ralf – can you clarify? Even better – can you help us edit the spreadsheet!

andybak
    Participant

And this one:

> Assassin’s Creed Origins: Z3D, immersive screen (full VR), DirectVR: FOV, resolution, tweaks

“immersive screen (full VR)” seems like a contradiction to me – so I’m obviously not understanding the terms in the way that Ralf is using them.

Ralf
    Keymaster

“Full VR” refers to the “Play Style” setting in the vorpX menu (“Full VR”, “Immersive Screen”, “Cinema”). If mentioned in the changelog that’s the default value chosen for the profile.

The AC:Origins line may look strange at first, but makes sense when you know that the Direct VR settings optimizer is aware of the currently active “Play Style” and adjusts FOV and resolution accordingly. While making the profile I found that the game works quite well in full VR mode for a third person title, hence the “(full VR)”. The same is true for other third person games as well.

I’ll have to think a bit how to visualize these things in a way that doesn’t look as butt ugly as the spreadsheet – originally based on an internal one from here BTW. Will do so shortly, but now I desperately need two or three days (semi-)off.

andybak
    Participant

Thanks Ralf.

Can I assume that I can set “DirectVR: Resolution” to green for all titles that have DirectVR: FOV” set or is that a presumption too far?

Ralf
    Keymaster

In most cases that is true, but no rule without exceptions.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!