Uploaded Cloud Profiles show a incorrect vorpX Version?

Homepage Forums Technical Support Uploaded Cloud Profiles show a incorrect vorpX Version?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    LVNDSCAPE
    Participant

Hi ,

noticed that with current Application Version 21.1.1 my new created Cloud Profiles are displayed as being created in Version 18.3.0.

I uninstalled and re-installed vorpX two times now and its still displaying the profiles as 18.3.0 creating a new Profile i just added today ;)

Is this a current Bug ?

Thx in Advance

Ralf
    Keymaster

You can pretty much ignore that. When you copy a profile it originally still has the old version since nothing has changed yet. There is indeed a glitch though where confusingly even after making changes the old version is still shown in the config app.

That‘s largely a cosmetic issue though, in the actual settings inside the profile vorpX stores the version that was used on last save, so vorpX itself knows how to handle potentially version sensitive stuff like deprecated settings. The only ill effect of the glitch is that it confuses the cloud search version management, so that users with an older vorpX version might see the profile when doing a cloud search although they aren‘t supposed to because it is too new. I‘ll check that on occasion.

LVNDSCAPE
    Participant

Now the version Info totally makes sense.

Thx so much explaining the Situation :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!