Using the driver?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dlads
    Participant

Hi all,

Got my oculus yesterday, I’m a fully grown man with kids and a wife, but I was like a child when I received it :) anyway, I bought a few bits n bobs, (virtual desktop) and a few games, slender man, which is on steam..

Couldn’t get it to go into VR mode, so I got this driver for £47 I thought it was a bit steep but I thought hey if it works then I’m all over it, money well spent.

Now when i ran the game, the screen just isn’t right, it’s too big and the head tracking doesn’t work at all.

How can I get this to run? I appreciate that this is a mental question as there are a tonne of settings, but just generally? What do you do to get a game to work? What’s the process?

I’m sure I’m not alone in wanting something to at least kind of work out of the box when you’ve just paid near 50 quid for it.

Any guides? Or pointers please?

I know I sound a bit off but I’d just like to play some of my other games, like slenderman and alien isolation, the vast majority of the tutorials are for the dk2 and not the Cv, apparently they operate differently.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers :(

Ralf
    Keymaster

In regard to the “screen being too big” please make sure to check the Essential Hints Guide in the vorpX hepl. You need to address the field of view (FOV) one way or the other. How that can be done is different for each game, the options you have are described in the guide.

The easiest (yet not perfect) way that works for almost any game the same way is described in the “One-Two-Three Game Setup” in the help.

dlads
    Participant

Hi Mate,

Thanks for getting back to me, i sort of did get it up and running and less zoomed in, you can hold shift and roll the mouse ball to change zoom levels, this sort of fixes a few things, also the type of 3D used and a few other options, lowering the resolution and popping it in window mode, i’ll keep on tweaking it and hopefully will find the sweet spot.

I haven’t read up on it as of yet, i’ll do what i can with what i’m learning off my own back, until i can’t better it vs what other people are getting.

I’ll get there in the end and will then start posting profiles for all my games.

Cheers.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!