Using Vorpx Theater Mode With Emulators Question

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Using Vorpx Theater Mode With Emulators Question

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Robotossing
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I’ve been trying to use Vorpx Theater Mode with some classic game emulators like Gens, Kegafusion for the Megadrive and others consoles but every time I tried to launch the emulators I can’t get them to work with Vorpx. If I have Vorpx desktop viewer on, Vorpx will just quit as soon as I launch the emulator and sometimes my screens will just lock up. Same goes for the PS4 direct play app. Also, if I launch them the normal way, Vorpx will not hook at all or I may get a some errors. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a certain setting that I need or something? Vorpx works fine with other emulators like, Redream, PCSX2, Dolphin and others as long as I pause the watcher and l’m on Desktop viewer mode. Any ideas?

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX tries to hook into the emulators directly, which may work for some, but not for others. You usually will need an emulator with DirectX or OpenGL rendering for that. But even than hooking the emulator may fail.

You can however play any windowed (or ‘fullscreen windowed’) application directly in the desktop viewer if you disable the vorpX watcher (tray icon right click menu) before launching the app or by adding the .exe of the emulator to the exclude list in the vorpX config app.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!