Using vorpX with game streaming (Google Stadia / nVidia GeForce NOW) – plans?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Using vorpX with game streaming (Google Stadia / nVidia GeForce NOW) – plans?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    agerhard
    Participant

Hello everyone,

as with my current VR-setup (PS4 Pro & PSVR) I will not have the option to run Cyberpunk 2077 in VR with it, I was wondering whether vorpX will support game streaming (Google Stadia – PC internet browser / nVidia GeForce NOW – Android app) in the future.

While having a PC for everyday use, it is not up to gaming these days. Therefore a VR-solution for game streaming would be an option – not only for me I would guess.

Any statement from vorpX would be very welcome on this.

cu,
    agerhard

Dave
    Participant

Oculus Quest 2 is supported by Shadow PC ! You can use Vorpx with a Cloud Windows 10 PC called Shadow PC, and a Quest 2 Sideload of Virtual Desktop Wlan Streaming.

If you want to use other Headsets, than try the Vorpx Desktop Viewer without 3D, with Google Stadia, Geforce Now etc.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I believe Shadow PC (or comparable services) are indeed the only cloud gaming services where that would be possible since vorpX would have to be installed on the PC that runs the game. That is definitely not possible with Stadia, not sure about GeForce Now. I don’t really know how that works, i.e. whether you have your own virtual PC there or not.

It can also ‘work’ in a way with Stadia, but that would mean just grabbing the streamed 2D image + head tracking, so it largely defies the purpose of vorpX.

matteo39
    Participant

up: news about it?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!