VAC and Source Engine

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion VAC and Source Engine

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    InBetweenNames
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I just got VorpX today and I’m very impressed at the DirectVR supported games.

I’m wondering if anyone here knows what Valve’s stance is on VorpX and VAC?

Technically it could be flagged as a cheat due to the injection/hooking mechanisms. I did some research and found a couple old threads with contradictory information: one user who claims to have been banned from using VorpX in CSGO (though traversing their post history seems to indicate they also post in /r/csgohacks, so it looks a bit shady), and another user who claims they were banned from VorpX, but the ban was subsequently removed due to a false-positive. Both posts were made around July 2017.

Now, I’m a bit concerned because I started playing in a local listen server with VorpX to test things out on Half-Life 2: Deathmatch, and I only just realized that VAC may have been running on the listen server. Oops. So, I’m in a bit of a panic — I’ve had my Steam account since 2003 and it would really, really suck to be banned because of this.

So, has anyone here been banned by VAC for using VorpX in source engine games? There’s remarkably little actual information on the topic I could find. Thank you for your time!

GGG01
    Participant

(@Admins/Mods: Sorry for the thread necro – I had no way to DM InBetweenNames and since VAC bans take weeks to months or years to apply, the extra time is _helpful_ here)

@InBetweenNames
    : On the off chance you see this – did you ever catch a VAC ban for this? I ask because I accidentally did the same – loaded up a singleplayer session, noticed it said “Warning: This server is VAC secured.” and __totally freaked out__.

I can’t find much on this topic either, which is probably a good sign. There’s only two “VorpX got me banned” rants – both people were _extremely suspicious_: One was the one you found. The other person had server bans on their account.

I did find at least one post from someone claiming nothing happened to them. I’m hoping you can come back and say whether or not anything happened to your account in the years hence – it would be greatly reassuring as to what to expect from my own account in the weeks or months to come. It would also be supremely helpful if VorpX devs could chime in if they ever submitted VorpX to Valve for “approval” (and what, if anything, came of it).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!