Valve Index Issues

Homepage Forums Technical Support Valve Index Issues

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    0x90meansN0P
    Participant

Hello friends!

I am completely new to VR. I bought a valve index a few days ago and today it finally arrived. It’s shokingly good. Halflife and Skyrim VR are absolutely stunning. But I had something else in mind before I made this decision. I wanted to play GTA5 and RDR2 in VR (and keyboard+Mouse or gamepad, I am not sure what will be better). So I bought vorpx before the headset even arrived. I installed it and I also installed opentrack. But not a single game gets hooked. I don’t get any VR experience or output in my headset. I dunno what I am doing wrong, so maybe you can help me. Please haha. I am so hyped to play RDR2. Spend over 1079€ for this haha.

Is there an idiot-proofed guide I can follow or some troubleshooting? I mean not a single game gets hooked even after choosing valve index as my main headset in the configuration menu.

I already watched 1-3 years old videos on youtube, but nothing works.

I have rtx 2070 super, 24 gigs of ram and an old cpu (i5) I want to change soon. Everything works, but the headset dont get any input from vorpx.

Smoils
    Participant

1. Make sure when you launch vorpx and click once at its tray icon in options menu that pops up device is selected as steamvr
    2. If Vorpx has hooked to a game vorpx logo will be shown on desktop monitor (not in headset)
    3. A lot of antiviruses will prevent vorpx from hooking since malaware apps do that too to spy, so try disabling your AV or adding vorpx to exclusions.
    4. Usually if vorpx failed to hook to a game after a minute or two it shows few buttons with options and you can try using “hook helpers”, hook helper is required to play rdr2 for example
    5. Speaking of rdr2 – in graphics options you absolutely must disable MSAA or else there will be no 3D

Ralf
    Keymaster

Hooking issues almost always are caused by some conflict with another program that also hooks into games.

The most likely candidate would be some invasive third party antivirus program. If you happen to use anything else than Windows Defender, try to remove it. There is no risk involved, Windows Defender will kick in instead. There is no real need for third party AV on Windows 10 anymore, Windows Defender is an excellent AV solution for years.

If that does not solve your issue, please check for other potential conflicts. The trouble shooting guide on top of this sub-forum has more details on the matter.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!