Valve Index Knuckles and KatLoco/Cybershoes/Vive Trackers foot tracking mapping

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Valve Index Knuckles and KatLoco/Cybershoes/Vive Trackers foot tracking mapping

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    rustysalter
    Participant

Is there/will there be Valve index support in the future ? I’m not neccessarily talking about finger tracking support (although I wouldn’t be against it!) Just wanting to know if controller button inputs (it has 20-22 vs console controllers 17) will be mappable?

Also is it possible to get various foot tracking input bound to WASD for directional movement and WA-WD-AS-SD for strafing?

The days of playing our favourite old games in seated 3DOF VR may soon be over with this implemented! Even if foot trackingh support comes later, we can always move with joysticks, although that can be very nausea inducing. Not really much different to locomotion with a keyboard and in Vorpx.

jjensson
    Participant

Yeah, i’m curious if Ralf has received his Index yet.

My situation is changing as well. With all the quality problems and unavailability of the HP Reverb, i might get a Valve Index sooner than a Reverb (i’m on the Index waiting list for Sep30, but it seems even some Aug30 guys are being processed for shipping ATM). So i’m following closely all the Index info/reviews around the net, as well as things on this forum.

Looking forward to hear more.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Index controller support will be added as soon as I have an Index. Should arrive tomorrow, so you can expect an update with Index controller support soon.

Directly supporting less popular hardware like Cybershoes or similar accessories is a more difficult topic, I would assume though that such hardware probably comes with its own gamepad/keyboard mapping software.

rustysalter
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Ralf, and thanks for implementing the support for both Knuckles and Pimax. I think the controllers are revolutionary we can finally map more buttons than a console controller

marcob
    Participant

Would it be possible for vorpx to enable keyboard/wasd input in steamvr ?

DANIILandr
    Participant

hey! have you got any suggestions ?

erised
    Participant

Index controller support will be added as soon as I have an Index. Should arrive tomorrow, so you can expect an update with Index controller support soon.

Directly supporting less popular hardware like Cybershoes or similar accessories is a more difficult topic, I would assume though that such hardware probably comes with its own gamepad/keyboard mapping software.

Cybershoes works perfectly as it maps the cybershoes to mimic the left controller analog stick and vorpx uses the left analog stick for movement too. I don’t believe direct support from Vorpx is needed as a result. Been using it for a few months now successfully.

In essence, any VR peripherals that map to VR controllers for movement will likely work with Vorpx (no work from Ralf needed). Any VR peripherals that have only certain supported games and don’t leverage the standard VR controllers or headset settings would require dedicated support from Vorpx.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!