vaporware?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Glitch1336
    Participant

No updates since just before the vorpx developer got his rift… project abandoned?

I was ready to shell out the cash for a beta version, but now I’m not sure I want to give this guy my money just on principle.

Am I missing something?

MrGeddings
    Participant

i agree with you. I honestly think hes being a dick. I mean you dont annouce some awesome cool driver that will make a library of games work with it and then come out with some awesome cool beta previews for people and then stop updating yoru website. 3 months he hasnt updated his blog. 3 months.

i dont think its vaperware judging by the fact a beta actually is out to “the select few”

its just hes locked himself up in some dark hole and hes in his little world and it will come out when he “magically” decides it will.

all i got from him in an email near the start of the month (thanks by the way for ignoring my past two messages and only emailing me back that one time)

is that it will be out “well before” the consumer version.

whatever the hell that means.

release the damn thing already. if its in beta version thats prob good enough for us!

THIS IS FOR A DEVELOPMENT KIT IT DOESNT HAVE TO BE PERFECT RATHER THEN DOING EVERYTHING BEHIND CLOSED DOORS WHY DONT YOU LET PEOPLE HELP BE PART OF THE DEVELOMMENT PROCESS BY HAVING THEM BUY THE EARLY VERSOIN AND PROVIDE FEEDBACK AND YOULL GET MONEY FROM IT TOO!

whatever. folks this is how NOT to do a oculus rift driver. dont annouce how awesomely kool it will be and provide nice beta previews and then just totally not give a (pardon me) fuck. about your “fan base”.

which honestly pretty much everyone who owns a Rift would be interested in this.

but whatever. im sure it will come out when he “magically” decides it is “ready”.

though i wonder what yard stick he is trying to mesure up to for it to be “ready”.

thats the problem with programs. they could be developed forever.. but theres a point you need to come to when you decide hey..it might be a great time to release it now.

whatever.

your a dick for posting all that cool info about it then not even bothering to update the site or have ANy timeframe whatsoever over it

but whatever. well at least you arnt going to half ass it like the guy who made the perception drivers so.

but theres a middle ground on one hand you dont want to make a product that only supports a few games and doesnt work the “best” but on the other hand you dont want to take FOREVER and leave people in the dark of your progress too.;

ugh.

oh well. its his loss too because hes just missing out on the money he could be making right now from it.

and thats the stupid part its a lose lose for both of us , him and us the longer he waits!

and he risks another company like tridef coming out with a better solution. they told me they have dev kits but arnt willing to annouce anything yet as im sure they are waiting to have things working well.

think about it. they already have a side by side 3d driver for games with it (that works with i think like 800 games) al they have to do is figure out how to do prewarping and head tracking and.

they could release a product (as they are a bigger company and not just one person) that could blow away Vorpx.

so yeah.

whatever.

and those beta previews were freaking MOTNHS ago. since then no one on youtube or any other site has posted anything else more about it

its like maybe he told them to stop talking about it

roadtoVR was supposed to post a update on the user interface and stuff too which they never did.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH VORPX?

ARE YOU EVEN STILL WORKING ON IT? IS IT EVER COMING OUT? if you decided to say the hell with it , you sure as fuck better at least release the beta verions thats all im gonna say.

SOMEONE WITH THE BETA VERSION PLEASE LEAK IT ON PIRATEBAY OK? THANK YOU!

HappyHimitsu
    Participant

The only dick here is you Mr. Geddings; Truly.
    I don’t think you should get any version of the VorpX software because you are acting like a self-serving asshole just because you can’t play your favorite video games on your developers kit yet.

Has it occurred to you that something might be wrong with Ralph? Maybe he is very sick, perhaps he got in some trouble, or maybe, just maybe he just wants to hold out on everything because you are acting like such a prick.

Take a minute to calm down and read over your posts, twice. If you heard somebody talking like that to you, would you want to give them anything at all?
    You can’t apologize one day, and be an asshole again the next and expect anybody to take you seriously.

Suck it up princess because the wait could be long indeed, and there is no point in blowing your gasket and filling yourself with negativity for a product that may indeed never see the light of day…

What exactly do you think hurling insults is doing for you other than helping you release some steam? There are much more pragmatic methods to vent that don’t injure your reputation, and you are certainly not going to be receiving any help from anybody here with that arrogant attitude.

I truly hope you aren’t taking out your frustrations on people irl as well… :/

Glitch1336
    Participant

I’m perfectly willing to listen if Ralph want’s to tell us what is going on, but the sudden blackout timed right after a beta teaser preview and starting right when he apparently got his rift is really bad customer relations.

Believe me, I understand busy… but if you are the one and only guy behind a site/product like this you should at least take five minutes a week to give an update to the thousands of waiting customers.

Please let us know WHY we aren’t hearing anything.

As far as it not being vaporware because we know there is a working BETA, well if the driver is never released it’s still vaporware, and as Mr. Geddings not-so-tactfully pointed out, whatever Ralph is doing right now he is very likely passing up his window of opportunity. If someone with a lot more resources like Tridef beats him to the punch he will likely never get a return on all the time and effort he has invested in this project.

Glitch1336
    Participant

I’m going to toss this quote in from the FAQ:
    —————————————————————————-

“When will it be available?”

“No exact date has been set yet, but a first release should be available not too long after the Rift devkit arrives. vorpX is developed with a taped together prototype, similar to the official Rift prototypes you may have seen in videos, but some things have to be adjusted for the real thing once it is available.”

—————————————————————————-

Ralph, if you even read these forums at all anymore, you still have this posted, yet we know you got your Rift kit months ago. An explanation and update is in order.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!