Variable Rate Supersampling (VRSS)

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Variable Rate Supersampling (VRSS)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    apollon01
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

Would the VRSS be something vorpX could use to boost image quality and improve performance?

https://uploadvr.com/nvidia-rtx-vrss-ces-2020/

Maybe with the magic vorpX works with it is not possible, I don’t know. Appreciate your feedback!

Milan

Ralf
    Keymaster

That would only work for vorpX’s second render step, i.e. when the image is sent to headset, but not for the games themselves, which are rendered before that. So unfortunately it doesn’t really make much sense for vorpX.

Even if it would work in principle, due to the technical requirements (forward renderer, MSAA support) only a small fraction of modern AAA games could use it, most of them use deferred rendering techniques and do not support MSAA.

madcap
    Participant

I was looking into this and it looks like Nvidia is just trying to force us to update to RTX. Most of those games play fine on a GTX1080 + Rift-S so hardly worth the hardware upgrade at the moment. It may suit the more demanding headsets, though. If it worked for all VR games, including VR supported like some of the sim racing titles (ACC), then I may have been sold.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!