Version 18.1.2 and Direct VR positional tracking with Skyrim SE

Homepage Forums Technical Support Version 18.1.2 and Direct VR positional tracking with Skyrim SE

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Findian
    Participant

Is something changed with 18.1.2 Direct VR positional tracking from previous version? When I turn the feature on (Skyrim SE modded with SKSE) it always says _rotation_ scanning failed but position scanning is ok. When I turn positional movement off, rotation and fov scan are ok. As far as I can say, rotation works with both options as character turns when I turn my head. Positional tracking won’t work at all even VorpX says it succeeds.

I think this worked on 18.1.1 as I played the game few days ago. I rebooted the system few times and installed latest NVIDIA driver 390.77 but to no avail.

nieda113
    Participant

Hi just make sure ur not in third person mode….if u scan always use first person..

Ralf
    Keymaster

There was indeed a glitch in the last update causing this, fixed 10 secs. ago. Please either reinstall vorpX or download the Skyrim SE profile from the cloud, which should suffice.

The positional scan is still a bit unreliable and sometimes only finds one of the two values it is supposed to find, but that was always the case. So it might still report success sometimes and not work despite that. Trying two or three times usually helps.

BTW: Unless you want to walk around, the positional scan is not really necessary. For seated playing or standing without walking the normal positional tracking works just as well.

Findian
    Participant

Yes, it’s all peachy again, thank you very much.

On previous versions positional scan worked usually, but at times when it doesn’t I had to restart the game. That was immediately visible as character positionally moved around before Direct VR scan. If this movement didn’t occur I never got positional movement working with scanning. Now after the update: camera viewpoint before VR scan seems to point about 30 degrees up and no movement at all but after VR scan everything works as it should. I tried to switch cache back on and looks like it works too.

About positional tracking, I’ll imagine if playing with roomscale area character movements would clip a lot inside the walls but for seated gaming current implementation is just fine. I like the extra dimension positional movement adds to ranged weapon gameplay.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Great. Thanks for the feedback.

Just to clarify: provided you play with Geometry 3D there is posititonal tracking even without running the positional Direct VR scan. It’s just applied in a different manner that is not really suited for walking around, but works well enough for seated gaming.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!