Virus Alert

Homepage Forums Technical Support Virus Alert

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    VRan
    Participant

Hello Ralf,

So, today I got a pop up of a Virus alert detection and I can’t do anything about it.
    It wont Quarantine the file or let me White list it but vorpConfig.exe keeps popping up and wont enable me to use.

Since we work from home, I am using my own pc and work have installed Forticlient so that we could use VPN and AV. I msged the IT guy and explained to him what it was all about, he disabled AV for me so allowed me to re-install vorpX again. It all worked and then, voila, same alert and now, again, same situation… I thought it was the update that accrued few days ago maybe, but nothing like that happened until today :(

It is alerting a virus called: W32/AI.Pallas.Suspicious

It tells me that it is an alert only but, will not allow me access to the file

Ralf
    Keymaster

This is a false positive. Can happen shortly after an update, especially with more invasive third party AV programs.

vorpX “injects” other programs, which some av programs may classify as malicious behaviour without really being sure about it. Best to report this as a false positive to your av vendor so they can fix the issue. In the meantime please exclude the vorpX program folder from scanning, typically that would be C:\Program Files\Animation Labs\vorpX.

If you happen to use a third party AV program, consider switching to Windows Defender instead. Windows Defender provides excellent protection without being as invasive as some other AV scanners. Windows Defender gets enabled automatically on Windows 10 when you remove third party AV programs.

VRan
    Participant

Thank you Ralf, and apologies for posting in the wrong forum. I was just so frustrated about this. The main thing is that it feels like my PC is in a hostage situation since I have no control over this manner. Work’s IT does. I personally don’t use third party AV other than Windows defender and Malwarebytes. I will talk to IT tomorrow and see what we can do about this :(
    vorpX works for now, it’s the configuration file that won’t. So I will not be able to get to the profiles and such.
    I also explained to IT what vorpX does and why AV sees it as a threat. He said he was aware of these issues and why that happens… we’ll see. All I know is that I freaked out! No can do without vorpX. That is my VR outlet

Ralf
    Keymaster

Probably Malwarebytes then that causes the problem. If your IT guy has any questions, he can contact me any time via support at vorpx com.

VRan
    Participant

It isnt MalwareBytes, IT white listed vorpX folder and boom, vorpX configure is running and all good :)

Thank you R

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!