Virus in latest update!

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Virus in latest update!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jorinal12
    Participant

Windows Defender has detected a virus in this latest update and will not allow me to run Vorpx at all. Trojan:Win32/Azden.B!cl is embedded in the Vorpxcontrol.exe and now I can’t even update Vorpx anymore. Please fix this ASAP and also while your at it add an option to DISABLE updates because everything worked fine before this mess and now I can’t use it at all.. Was working fine before, and this is the 2nd time an update has caused problems. Every other program including Windows allows you to disable updates, why can’t you?

Ralf
    Keymaster

No virus in the last update, just a false positive detection of your AV scanner. Happens on a semi-regular basis with new builds. Usually only with the more invasive AV scanners, but unfortunately sometimes even with Defender.

To address this exclude the vorpX program folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Animation Labs\vorpX) from your scanner.

Also try to update your AV definition files manually over the next days. In the past MS always was reasonably fast fixing this when it happened.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Windows Defender issue should be fixed now.

If you still see false positive detections with vorpX 18.1.5 in Windows Defender make sure to update your Defender definition files. 1.265.378.0 and above should be OK.

Martin
    Participant

Posting this in case anyone with this issue finds this thread:

FYI Windows Defender may have still removed/broken it even though you told it to ignore it after it was detected (at least that was the case for me).

If you are experiencing any issues check the C:\Program Files (x86)\Animation Labs\vorpX folder if vorpControl.exe is still there and if it isn’t just run the web installer again, the license will remain valid.

Again, make sure the Windows Defender malware definitions are up to date so it doesn’t happen again.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!