Visual fidelity indiscernible at min settings vs maxed out settings

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Visual fidelity indiscernible at min settings vs maxed out settings

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Thoraz
    Participant

I had been playing Battlefield 4, GTA V, The Witcher 3, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and The Division for a long time at 1080p/60fps on a 65 inch plasma TV at a distance of 8.5 ft (optimal distance for that size/resolution according to online calculators & charts). I was able to easily see the difference between Low, Medium, High, Ultra on the TV just fine. But for some reason when I play those games using the Oculus Rift (CV1) and VorpX (or Virtual Desktop) I can’t tell the difference between the highest and lowest settings. In terms of visual fidelity I see absolutely no difference or the difference might for some reason be so small that I can’t detect it. Obviously there is a huge impact on frame rate going from lowest to highest, but I’m curious about the visual fidelity. I am running those games at 2160 by 1200, 90+ fps (depending on game somewhere between medium to ultra)’ 980 ti. Any idea why that might be? Have u experienced the same thing (same visual fidelity regardless of low or ultra settings)?

Ralf
    Keymaster

This probably seems that way because of the screen resolution of the current headsets. Many typical graphics settings settings like texture resolutions etc. might not really make a difference with the current, relatively low-res, headsets.

So depending on the game the difference might look smaller than on your monitor.

Thoraz
    Participant

Thank you Ralf :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!