Vive Compatibility List

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Vive Compatibility List

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bclinton59
    Participant

Hey is there an existing list of compatibility for Vive games or would someone mind creating or updating the existing list? I’m curious if I should get Vorpx now or wait until it is out of beta.

bclinton59
    Participant

Well if anyone was curious, I pulled the trigger. Borderlands 2 seemed to work perfectly. That being said it was overwhelming from a sensory and difficulty perspective (i.e., aiming), my VR area isn’t best suited for mouse/key, and I already got a little bit of motion sickness so I’ll stick to playing it on my monitors. That likely won’t be the last time I use it though.

Great work Ralf.

zarlor
    Participant

FYI, the compatibility list would be the same no matter what platform you were using, Rift or Vive. The only thing about the Vive that might be different would be use of the controllers, which I can’t really see how Ralf would ever be able to implement that within vorpX. However certain games could potentially be modded to allow motion controls. GTAV, in particular, has someone already working on exactly that, for example, and some folks have done similar for Skyrim but I want to say that in both cases they were done for the Raze Hydra, maybe? That kind of work should be translatable to the Vive controllers, though. That’s really up to the modding community for those particular games, however, not really a vorpX thing, I don’t think.

The only other thing of note for me using vorpX has been that many games don’t really handle full positional tracking, it’s really just head look (you can look right and left, up and down and cocking the head but not leaning forward and back or moving side to side or up and down.) This can cause VR sickness, or at least discomfort, for me but you can kind of work around that a little by running in the big screen mode and just moving the screen closer to fill your field of view more. That way your motions are still tracked in that virtual theater so it can be a little more comfortable.

bclinton59
    Participant

FYI, the compatibility list would be the same no matter what platform you were using, Rift or Vive. The only thing about the Vive that might be different would be use of the controllers, which I can’t really see how Ralf would ever be able to implement that within vorpX. However certain games could potentially be modded to allow motion controls. GTAV, in particular, has someone already working on exactly that, for example, and some folks have done similar for Skyrim but I want to say that in both cases they were done for the Raze Hydra, maybe? That kind of work should be translatable to the Vive controllers, though. That’s really up to the modding community for those particular games, however, not really a vorpX thing, I don’t think.

The only other thing of note for me using vorpX has been that many games don’t really handle full positional tracking, it’s really just head look (you can look right and left, up and down and cocking the head but not leaning forward and back or moving side to side or up and down.) This can cause VR sickness, or at least discomfort, for me but you can kind of work around that a little by running in the big screen mode and just moving the screen closer to fill your field of view more. That way your motions are still tracked in that virtual theater so it can be a little more comfortable.

Thanks a ton for the info. I think I realized that having now used it. Makes sense to me.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!