Vive controller support?

Homepage Forums Technical Support Vive controller support?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gus_Smedstad
    Participant

I’ve read here and there that VorpX lets you remap the controls on the Vive wands. What I haven’t been able to find is how. There are tutorials here and there for setting up VorpX for games that don’t have profiles, but the videos I’ve seen all seem to assume keyboard and mouse, and don’t talk about using the Vive controllers at all.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Should be pretty straight forward. When Vive controllers are active, there is a page called “Vive Hand Controller Settings” in the vorpX menu. Among general controller settings there is a button labeled “Change Button Mappings” if the controllers are in keyboard/mouse mode (which is the default).

Gus_Smedstad
    Participant

Ah, it appears that was largely disabled if the Vive controllers were enabled and a game pad is active.

However, there doesn’t seem to be any way to map buttons when shift isn’t enabled. For example, I wanted to change the left trackpad to mouse wheel, but “change button mappings” gives only an option for center-click, and an option for what clicking the trackpad does if it’s shifted. No options for changing what it does if it’s not shifted, and no way to have a touch register as a mouse wheel selection.

Ralf
    Keymaster

There are two sections on the button mapping page: “Normal Mapping” and below that “Shift Mapping”. The latter is the mapping that is uesed when the shift button is pressed.

You can assign the mouswheel by using it when the button you want to assign it to is waiting for input (it shows ‘…’ when that is the case).

Just in case: to assign a button click on the current assignment, it then shows ‘…’ and you can assign something else.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!