Vive wont work at all

Homepage Forums Technical Support Vive wont work at all

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kyronami
    Participant

Nothing I try will work, not even the vorpX desktop viewer will work. Everything I try I get a black screen and this error

“Initializing the VR compositor failed. Please check whether steamVR is installed correctly”

View post on imgur.com

My steam vr is installed fine and I can play VR games no problem

Ralf
    Keymaster

You need to enable SteamVR. vorpX only works when SteamVR is running. If it already is running, please try to restart it.

Kyronami
    Participant

You need to enable SteamVR. vorpX only works when SteamVR is running. If it already is running, please try to restart it.

Thanks for the reply, Yeah I actually just realised that. There was nothing in the documents that said I had to run steamvr first and I was confused because steamvr still says its launching in theater mode so I thought it wasnt it.

Anyway, enjoying some of it so far and some of it I guess I havent figured out yet

I had a few other questions…

I tried fallout 4, I ran the setup and optimized it, I also checked the ini file to make sure the fov and stuff was set.

The game still seems weird on the zoom, and most of the hud is not even visable, I checked the fov and its set to 120.

It locks it to 1280×720 and theres no option for 1080×1200 or whatever its supposed to be in that popup that warns me about it.

Also why does it cap me at 45 fps reprojected? The lagg makes me kinda dizzy, I’m running a 980 ti, 5930k, and 32gb of ram, everything overclocked super high water cooled, and I only get 45fps on medium settings? I can get 90+ fps in any VR game that I play

Ralf
    Keymaster

If the FOV still isn’t 100% correct after applying the 120°, you can either try different values or (faster) compensate for the rest by using the Image Zoom function in the vorpX ingame menu (shortcut [SHIFT][MOUSEWHEEL]);

The HUD can be scaled on the image page of the vorpX ingame menu.

You can disable the framecap by disabling the “FluidSync” option on the display page of the vorpX ingame menu. Unless you can get steady 90fps that’s not a good idea though. It will cause judder for anything below rock steady 90fps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!