vJoy-vorpX conflict

Homepage Forums Technical Support vJoy-vorpX conflict

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    John
    Participant

I use a virtual joystick «vJoy» (https://sourceforge.net/projects/vjoystick/) to control a character in the game. «Y-axis» — forward-backward movement. «X-axis» — turns left and right. When I open the menu vorpX in the game, my character begins to continuously rotate to the left until the menu closes. That is, when the menu is opened, vorpX acts on the «X-axis» of the virtual joystick.

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX has its own freely configurable gamepad to mouse/kb mapper built-in. Unless you require some specific functionality of vJoy it’s better to use that since it is fully integrated with vorpX. You can enable it by setting the ‘X-Box Gamepad Override’ to ‘Full’ in the vorpX menu (‘Input’ page).

John
    Participant

Thanks, but I need «vJoy» because I use «FreePie» and complex scripts. «vorpX» affects «vJoy» when opening a vorpX-menu, even when «FreePie» is not running. That is, the reason is not in scripts, but in the conflict between «vJoy» and «vorpX».

Ralf
    Keymaster

Unless vjoy does something odd, you should be able to use it by setting the aforementioned option to ‘Off’ in the vorpX menu, which disables vorpX’s internal gamepad to mouse/kb mapper. Be aware though that some games require it to be on for correct head tracking. if it is enabled per default for a profile, there usually is good reason for that. It is never enabled per default just for fun.

John
    Participant

I tried to change «Override X-Box Gamepad» and «Controller Mode» parameters to various values with game reload but it all don’t have any effect.

Ralf
    Keymaster

With the override (and thus vorpX’s internal mapper) disabled there shouldn’t be any issue using an external gamepad mapper unless it does something odd.

John
    Participant

Additional information. This problem occurs not only with the virtual joystick, but also with the real one. The impact occurs on all axes when the vorpX menu is opened in the game. If the menu is not opened, the joystick (gamepad) behaves correctly. I have reinstalled vorpX and the gamepad drivers, but the problem persists.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I can’t really suggest anything else than above. If you can’t make it work with your setup, the best course of action is probably to use vorpX’s internal gamepad to mouse/kb mapper instead of a setup with multiple programs involved.

I understand that doing so will not allow you to use your macros, but obviously there always can be conflicts when you have several programs running that affect/use/hook the same API (in this case XInput), so not all combinations of tools you want to use at the same time may always work as expected.

BTW: I have no experience with vJoy myself, but incidentally just a few posts below someone mentioned it as part of their setup, so I assume that there is no general conflict between vorpX and vJoy.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!