VLC and MPC-HC not working

Homepage Forums Technical Support VLC and MPC-HC not working

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Badlywrapdkebab
    Participant

I’m looking for some help displaying 3d movies on my OR DK2 running Win10 and SDK0.8.

I’ve tried using vlc but have the following problems. Playing a file in VLC hooks up the HMD no problem but when I go to image settings and choose content type side-by-side the right eye shows the menu display while the left eye shows the video image. After that the menu seems to crash and I have to close VLC.

I’ve also tried MPC-HC (32bit and 64bit) but this just fails to hook up the HMD so I can’t go any further.

Both problems occur after applying the appropriate settings in the game optimiser.

Any suggestions or alternative media players would be appreciated.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Did you use the Game Optimizer in the config app for both programs? This sets the video output best suited for vorpX in both programs (if you want to do it manually: OpenGL in VLC and “Enhanced Video Renderer (custom presenter)” in MPC-HC).

For MPC-HC it’s also recommended to use a nightly build: https://nightly.mpc-hc.org.

Apart from that you can use many more video players with the vorpX desktop viewer. Not as good as the distinct video player mode quality wise, but without a direct side by side comparison you probably won’t notice a difference. The Windows 10 built in video app also works for example.

Badlywrapdkebab
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Ralph. I seem to have MPC-HC working now although it doesn’t always work first time, sometimes I have to close the program and re-open it for it to pick up the OR. I’ve also noticed this happens with Elite Dangerous so its probably not related to vorpX.

I was using the Game optimizer in the config app yes. Out of interest is there any difference between the “Apply Selected” button (next to the “Restore Backup” button) in the game optimiser and the Apply and Apply & Close buttons below?

Ralf
    Keymaster

You need to use the small “Apply Selected” button on the optimizer pane to apply optimizer settings. The other ones apply vorpX settings that you may have changed elsewhere.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!