‘vorpcontrol.exe’ has been moved

Homepage Forums Technical Support ‘vorpcontrol.exe’ has been moved

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ButtZilla
    Participant

im in the process of installing vorpx and running it. after install and registering the product im struggling to launch vorpx, when i have windows anti-virus and anti-ransomware running vorpx wont launch and i get the message “the item ‘vorpcontrol.exe’ that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly do you want to delete this shortcut?” because of this vorpx then needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled
    but if i try to install and run vorpx without anti-ransomware and anti-virus (which im not really comfortable leaving those things off all of the time) vorpx launches but then my headset (valve index) wont turn on so im unable to even ensure its working. are AV needed to be off to run vorpx or only during install?

obviously during all of this im not moving or changing files or folders that would cause a shortcut to break

Ralf
    Keymaster

As usual this is a false positive.

I uploaded yet another build, which at least for now should work again. Guess it’s time to figure out what Defender lately thinks it has to complain about…

Please reinstall using your web installer. If you didn’t keep it, you can get one here:

Just to be clear: absolutely nothing that vorpX does is even close to being “potentially unwanted”, malicious, harmful or anything else some AV program may come up with to frighten its users. All it does is injecting itself into other programs similar to many, many other programs, which obviously is necessary for vorpX to work.

To avoid issues like this altogether add the vorpX program folder to the Defender exclusion list. Usually that would be: C:\Program Files (x86)\Animation Labs\vorpX

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!