VorpControl64.dat crashing

Homepage Forums Technical Support VorpControl64.dat crashing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ogrescar
    Participant

I’ve got a ton of these in my event log since the update.

Faulting application name: vorpControl64.dat, version: 21.2.1.0, time stamp: 0x60cb26f5
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1023, time stamp: 0x7977b9de
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000063416
    Faulting process id: 0x2244
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d763be1077e013
    Faulting application path: H:\games\Animation Labs\vorpX\vorpControl64.dat
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
    Report Id: aff7d386-0f50-4afc-bc70-76fbfd6dcec6
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Ralf
    Keymaster

Update time, annoying antivirus issue time… Probably yet another issue caused by some third party antivirus program. If you happen to use anything else than Windows Defender, please check whether excluding the vorpX program folder from your AV program helps.

You might also want to consider switching to Windows Defender, which is more than good enough for years now. Not entirely without occasional false positive alarms either, but unlike others, Microsoft at least always reacts fast and reliable in such a case.

Ogrescar
    Participant

I don’t have any av other than defender. The crashes appear to occur when I start a game. It doesn’t stop the hooking from occurring and vorcontrol64.dat starts back up immediately. Maybe the watcher isn’t getting suspended after the hook occurs?? Anyway, it isn’t an anti-virus thing and doesn’t appear to have any impact, other than putting entries in the event log.

Ralf
    Keymaster

How odd. Just did a few tests with the release build, but don’t get that here. While it’s not really critical due to the restart mechanism, it’s not really good either. vorpControl does some cleanup normally after a game exists, which won’t work when the vorpControl instance that initiated the hooking crashed.

Would be great if you could send me a trouble shoot data archive to support at vorpx com. With some luck the vorpX log file shows something useful.

Ogrescar
    Participant

I was going to send you a troubleshooting zip file but the crash hasn’t occurred in the past day or so I’m guessing that it was something in my environment. I updated my c++ redists for an unrelated reason, perhaps that fixed the crashing – no way to know for certain.

Ralf
    Keymaster

That could have been the issue. Normally the installer checks whether the right VC++ runtime version is installed and downloads it if necessary, but maybe that failed for some reason.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!