vorpDesktop can't get injected

Homepage Forums Technical Support vorpDesktop can't get injected

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    floriegl
    Participant

Hello,

after getting the update to 19.2.2.1 the Desktop Viewer doesn’t work anymore. I am getting “Injection failed: Unable to hook: vorpDesktop.exe Should vorpX try to close the program if it is still running?” I even tried to run it with one monitor only and reinstalling. VorpX can still normally hook any other program/game. I am using Windows 10 version 1903 with a GTX 1070 and an Intel i7-6700k. I was not able to find any event in eventvwr about this.

Thanks in advance.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Can’t replicate this behavior, also no changes to the desktop viewer since six months or so.

Multiple monitors may indeed cause issues, especially if connected to different GPUs, but since you already checked that, there’s not much left I could suggest in that regard. One thing you could try is to call the .exe with the -output parameter to select a specific monitor, e.g. vorpDesktop.exe -output 0 or vorpDesktop.exe -output all.

You can add command line parameters in the properties window of Windows shortcuts.

floriegl
    Participant

Ok, just found the problem. Somehow I managed to receive the new Windows updates nearly identically to when I got the VorpX update. After going back to 1809 everything works again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!