Vorphx isn't working

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Vorphx isn't working

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    EllmansWorld
    Participant

Let’s go over the basic things I’ve done.

1. I’ve done the windows monitor setup.
    2. I’ve done the setup of VorphX.
    3. I’ve set the Rift to Extended Desktop to the HMD.

This is a picture of my windows display:
    http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa431/Tobias_Ellman/screenampvr_zpse147092e.png
    (I have ran my Rift display as main but that means I can’t start anything on it, since its a blank desktop with nothing pretty much)

Picture of VorphX settings:
    http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa431/Tobias_Ellman/Vorphxsettings_zps868b2e4f.png
    (I’ve done everything that it says that you need to do)

Every time when starting a game it starts on my main monitor, if I manage to get it running on the Oculus then it’s a 50×50 square. Both me and my roomate have been trying to get the VorphX to work for for the past 3-4 hours without any success.

I find it funny how people get it working and no one does a video tutourial.
    If there is no fix to this issue then I would like to request a refund and a termination of my account since I paid a stupid amount of money for something that isn’t in a functional state.

*I hold the right to have some misspell errors since I’m from Sweden and my native language is not English*

Thank you

EllmansWorld

bcozier
    Participant

Ellmansworld, there is a known bug if you select your oculus profile. Choose “Do not use a profile” instead.

willypat
    Participant

Was just about to suggest that about the profile. Beat me to it. The Windows Key + shift key + right or left arrow keys will move your open windows from screen to screen….alt + tab will cycle through your windows.

bkizzle444
    Participant

Yeah nothing works for me either. Did finally get skyrim to work but thats it

EllmansWorld
    Participant

Was just about to suggest that about the profile. Beat me to it. The Windows Key + shift key + right or left arrow keys will move your open windows from screen to screen….alt + tab will cycle through your windows.

Even if I send the window over there, for example “Minecraft in VR”.
    Then the “Alt + Tab” doesen’t switch window and when I do it manually minecraft is not there….

Nwalm
    Participant

Same for me.

Tried for Skyrim. Absolutly nothing work, i just get the normal 2D screen on the main monitor.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Since I can’t know whether you have done that: please check the setup guide in the documentation and try the most compatible option (Rift as primary display). Make sure to follow the guide completely, every step is important.

If you are sure everything is correct in this regard, please check the trouble shooting guide. You might have something installed that blocks vorpX.

Nwalm
    Participant

DK2 turned on and in extended mode.
    VorpX in the Tray.
    “Do not use an Oculus profile” in Oculus profile.
    Tried with the Rift in secondary display with “Show only on DK2”, and in primary display with “Use system setting” (display on the DK2 but in 2D without eyes separation ^^).
    Fresh install off Skyrim.
    Desactived the Steam overlay.
    Tried the restoration and the factory reset in trouble shouting.

Nothing work ;)

magnus357
    Participant

I went through something similar.

The Windows process/service environment is extremely complex. I tired disabling processes and services, but couldn’t get it to work.

What I decided to do was format and reinstall. Worked perfectly after I did so. I’ll now reinstall my standard suite of software one-by-one and see if anything I normally use affects VorpX hooking.

EllmansWorld
    Participant

I went through something similar.

The Windows process/service environment is extremely complex. I tired disabling processes and services, but couldn’t get it to work.

What I decided to do was format and reinstall. Worked perfectly after I did so. I’ll now reinstall my standard suite of software one-by-one and see if anything I normally use affects VorpX hooking.

I rather request a refund the reinstall my windows and remove all my docs, files etc.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!