VorpX 17.1 render different shadows in every eye Alien Isolation

Homepage Forums Technical Support VorpX 17.1 render different shadows in every eye Alien Isolation

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    rust
    Participant

VorpX 17.1 render different shadows in every eye in Alien Isolation. Cant find any options to change the way it renders shadows. Please help

rust
    Participant

Beside shadows rendered differently in every eye there is something like double ‘drunk’ vision:

VorpX drunk/double vision

Ralf
    Keymaster

Such issues can happen in Geometry 3D mode, sometimes they can be fixed, sometiimes shadows can be disabled (IF that is case there is an option to change the shadow handling on the image page of the ingame menu). And sometimes nothing can be done besides switching to Z3D in areas where it is too distracting.

BTW: it would be extremely nice if you could post technical issues in the proper sub-forum. I’m always hesitant to move threads around, but next time please use the Technical Support sub-forum for technical support. Thanks.

rust
    Participant

didnt knew, sorry

rust
    Participant

Can you move this topic and answer question little less… enigmatically? I mean what can be done, is there something there can be done etc.. Thanks for your time

Ralf
    Keymaster

If the option to disable the shadows that I spoke of above is not available in that game, switch to Z-Buffer 3D if the wrong shadow bothers you too much to play. Z-Buffer 3D by design does never have such issues.

rust
    Participant

Ehh i cant beacuse there are no such options in main menu after 17.1 update anymore. So i Reinstalled Vorpx like you said. And so I lost Vorpx registration. I’m little tired of fighting it after update

EDIT registered and there are still no options in main menu other than virtual cinema

Ralf
    Keymaster

Did you read my answer to that question in your other thread?

That is not supposed to be that way. There seems to be something wrong with the menu, but I don’t have any idea what that might be.

Please first try a reinstall. If that does not help, please create a trouble shoot data archive in the config app after running the game and send that to support |at| vorpx com.

I will have to look at a logfile before I can even make a guess what the issue may be. If you send that data, please allow some time for an answer. It probably won’t be possible to check it today.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Thanks to the logfiles you sent the issue could be located. A hotfix will be made available within the next few hours after a few short tests. As soon as it’s online, vorpX should auto update when you start it. if that fails, just try a reinstall later today.

rust
    Participant

Thanks, by the way ingame HTC vive controllers after 17.1 update are just great. With options i can make to button settings, nice. Is there any other option to battle double ‘drunk’ vision in alien isolation other than changing geometry to Z-buffer?

kit_havok
    Participant

I got Alien: Isolation (almost) perfect with the exception of shadows…. tried reducing quality to really low and looked into removing them completely through the xml file but to no avail.

2takt
    Participant

is there a fix for the shadows? iam just trying to make alien isolation look good

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!