vorpx and controller menus are transparent

Homepage Forums Technical Support vorpx and controller menus are transparent

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    luka2099
    Participant

I have a problem, since last night, when I start the game with vorpx, the vorpx menu and the motion controllers instead of being black are almost transparent, as if there was too much gamma.

luka2099
    Participant

it’s not just a problem with the menu and controllers, it’s as if the screen brightness is maximized. can someone help me?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not much to suggest here other than a factory reset (config app, trouble shooting page).

luka2099
    Participant

i did the factory reset, but nothing has changed. when vorpx starts, the gochi are all too bright. even if you turn down the brightness from the vorpx menu to the maximum in the game, it still remains too bright.

luka2099
    Participant

I have completely uninstalled vorpx, now I am waiting for the authoring key to arrive and I try to see if it works!

luka2099
    Participant

. but even after completely uninstalling vorpx and reinstalling i still have the same problem. When you start a game with vorpx the brightness is too bright. even minimizing the brightness from the vorpx menu, I can’t get an optimal image. it only does it with vorpx with other games it doesn’t give me this problem! Help me please!

Ralf
    Keymaster

What game are you talking about? Difficult to say anything without knowing what game you have this problem with.

In general: If you happen to have a HDR capabable monitor, make sure HDR is turned off in Windows as well in the game. There currently are no HDR capable VR headsets, hence any game rendered with HDR on gets displayed with wrong colors in the headset with HDR, even if the monitor does support HDR.

luka2099
    Participant

I have the problem with all game! I never make anything. Only import ziggurat 2 gameprofile of paradisedecay, after that , vorpx run with too much brightness!!

luka2099
    Participant

At strat of this video you can see what i mean. The controller of vorpx delay are gray and not black

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX doesn’t change any colors aside from when you enable it’s gamma adjustment. All I can really recommend is double checking for HDR stuff I mentioned above in case oyu have an HDR monitor.

If you happen to have the Windows system restore functionality enabled (unfortunately off per default since Windows 10), go back to a system restore point from before the issue started occur.

luka2099
    Participant

Ok i try to restore windows, but the system work well , the problem are with vorpx. I know that vorpx dont change the color, but with high brightness the black colours become gray.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Since you only have this issue since a little while as far as I understand, and there haven’t been any changes to vorpX, there must have been some change on your PC that triggers the issue.

Like said above the only way for vorpX to change the game colors is the gamma setting in the vorpX menu, which is done via applying a pixel sader to the game image, so it’s nothing that could even theoretically get stuck unless you enable it in the menu. Maybe you changed some system wide gamma control that affects your headset or your game’s gamma settings. The issue certainly is not caused by vorpX itself since vorpX doesn’t do anything that could cause it.

Smoils
    Participant

Maybe hes usung VD for quest 2 or pimax software that crank brightness/gamma that high?

luka2099
    Participant

I found out by restoring windows to a previous point. but I didn’t understand what happened. both with VD and with airlink I had the problem and only with vorpx.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!