VorpX and Playstation VR

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion VorpX and Playstation VR

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jimsaw
    Participant

Hi! Any plans for Playstation VR support? Is this even possible? Thanks!

Dunnlang
    Participant

It is possible to run PSVR as a 1080p monitor. The setup for that is being discussed on Reddit right now. I also drew up a diagram.
    https://as.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/582ngx/playstation_vr_pc_hack_use_the_whole_screen/

View post on imgur.com

Can VorpX work to display the corrected Side by Side image on a “regular” 1080p monitor? If so, then it should work fine for PSVR!

Ralf
    Keymaster

The actual HMD renderpaths in the release version of vorpX are now Direct Mode only for quite some time, but a “normal” renderpath, which would work with this setup, still exists in parallel for dev purposes.

Showing the image on the headset isn’t all that has to be considered though, the other thing is head tracking which likely isn’t covered yet. That’s probably the hard part.

So no promises, but I’ll order a PSVR and check whether this would make sense. If there is some way to do head tracking, this sounds definitely interesting, otherwise I’m sceptical whether many would be interested.

Easty
    Participant

Is it possible to get a dev version. I’m playing with this at the moment. Vorpx is locked to rift and vive now.. Maybe an old copy would be better to play with? Had it working with some 3d vision nvidia app but its flakey, Tracking is not an issue using open track, specially with a Realsense, it works well.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If PSVR is working good (and easy) enough, a PSVR option will be made available after it was tested. That’s all I can promise.

Seems to be a bit difficult to get a PSVR at a reasonable price currently, but as soon as I get one I’ll look into it.

Easty
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback mate. I think this will add a lot of interest to the software. Owning a Sony HMD,DK1,DK2, Vive, this headset is impressive and will be by far the cheapest for PC. To activate the HDMI on the PSVR breakout box you need to plug a hdmi cable attached to something into the port where you would plug the headset, otherwisw the power shuts off quickly . then the headset into the PC HDMI. Then it comes up as the a 1080p monitor, Look forward to you checking it out. If you need any testing help, i’d certainly be up for it.

Dunnlang
    Participant

Just as a heads up for the latest (that I am aware of) method of hooking up the PSVR to a PC. You can use a jumper HDMI cable to bypass the PS4 HDMI into the Breakout Box and Headset HDMI out of the box.

View post on imgur.com

I am perfectly happy to use TrackIR, though there are some who are working on projects to read the headset gyro data directly.
    https://github.com/nathanleroux/PSVR_api/

What I really need from VorpX, which I bought (too early as it does not work) is the ability to run on PSVR and apply the proper lens corrections. I’m fine if it just treats it as a single 1080p display in what OR considered “Extended Mode”.

lord_nykon
    Participant

If we could get a development version that doesn’t require an Oculus Rift or specialized equipment so we can just launch, hook, and output directly to the 1080p monitor in SBS 3D mode we can implement our own headtracking in due time once gyro management is sorted out better. Anyone that has this to working with an older version of VORPX in extended mode at all without having the Oculus runtime and hardware installed? – comment/discuss lets get traction.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!