VorpX and Screensavers

Homepage Forums Technical Support VorpX and Screensavers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    RJK_
    Participant

Hello, something i want to mention.

There are some interesting opengl / DX screensavers out (example: Helios). Which should look quite nice with my vive.

I tested this screensaver, its starts but soon as i move my head it shuts down.No wonder, screensavers shut down at any move of mouse , keyboard ect.

So in order to enjoy a screensaver i would like to suggest to make a function availiable which allows to override any keystroke ect accept configred conroller keys and DEL of coarse within VorpX if someone wants to use this. “Allow VorpX keys only” or so…

RJ

Ralf
    Keymaster

Did you try cinema/immersive screen mode with the headtracking multiplier at 0.0? That should prevent any simulated mouse movement from head tracking.

RJK_
    Participant

I cant get into the settings. When pressing DEL, screensavers immediately stop.

RJK_
    Participant

Either i must go to see the doctor or a newer version of vorpx now allows pressing DEL and mousemoves while the ingame menu is open on (at least openGL) Screensavers.

I was playing around with these free openGL savers http://www.reallyslick.com/screensavers/ and they look quite neat on the vive. No 3D effect but nice colours spinning around .

RJK_
    Participant

I must correct my lst posting. Some savers have a nice 3D effect, try Skyrocket , Lattice for example in the largest possible screensize or fullVR. Dont run “plasma” when youve been drinking

PS: above i meant “… or a newer version of vorpx now allows while a saver is running pressing DEL and mousemoves while the ingame menu is active “

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!