Vorpx and treadmills. Reality

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Vorpx and treadmills. Reality

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    DANIILandr
    Participant

Hi everyone!
    So today is the 14th of March 2020
    VorpX 20.1.1 is a current version

Let’s help each other to find a way out whether we can have the greatest game experience with vorpX and treadmills (Omni, Kat Vr, etc.)

In my point of view, the scheme is next:
    1) You take your VR headset
    2) Kat LOCO (or vive) for your legs
    3) and treadmill (for e.g. KAT VR) for safety. You won’t fall and damage your priceless equipment.

Dear Experts, tell me please, is it possible to play in this way now?
    Or what are the best ways to make a WASD with your legs in real movement?

DANIILandr
    Participant

Well, I am new here, I just found VORPx forum’s community really enthusiastic about VR-3D world.

To be honest, I’ve got a Kat Walk Mini and just wondering in which way I should use it to have the best experience with VORPx.

HAX0R3D
    Participant

I don’t work here but I guess this is something you need to ask the manufacturer how to set up the mapping.

steph12
    Participant

i have no idea what you are talking about.

DANIILandr
    Participant

well. I am just wondering whether I can use my kat VR mini treadmill instead of keyboard while using VORPx.

A few hours ago I’d contacted Chinese office and got an answer that they will provide such technical information in a day.

erised
    Participant

Can’t speak to full on treadmills like KatVR, but Vorpx works very well with cybershoes and my DIY treadmill.

However I believe it should work. The cybershoes work because the map the shoes to mimic the VR Controllers left joystick. I’m assuming KatVR works the same way? I guess it comes down to the question – does KatVR only work in certain supported games or does it work in ANY VR game that has full movement via left analog stick?

If it supports ANY game with left analog stick movement I think it will probably work with vorpx as vorpx uses left analog stick of vr controller for movement too.

Xain
    Participant

I have a Virtuix Omni treadmill and it works fine with Vorpx in Keyboard and Mouse mode. Haven’t used it in a while though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!