vorpX Are you dead?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX Are you dead?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dragernen
    Participant

there are plenty of games that are vorpX

but does not seem to make as many update? why

Ralf
    Keymaster

Far from it. Just 10 days ago a profile for Skyrim Special Edition was released for example.

There will also be a new vorpX version before the end of the year.

Marco
    Participant

Hi Ralph, i wonder if the next version will address the headtracking issue with some games.

– Skyrim: aware of the mouse OR controller issue, i was trying to use the built in controller configuration feature to emulate keyboard with no success. I was wondering if the VORPX custom controller configuration will further improve or if you could build a specific controller profile for Skyrim as this is one of the most requested games.

– Deus Ex Human Revolution: headtracking issue that lets you look around OR move, never at the same time.

– Alien Isolation: headtracking deactivates after moving with the controller, reactivates after using Vorpx menu again

Ralf
    Keymaster

The next vorpX version will allow native controller use for more games that do not allow simultaneous mouse/gamepad use if they work with the new Direct VR feature. Skyrim is one of those, not sure yet about the other ones.

You can also easily address this yourself right away though. That’s why vorpX has a built in gamepad emulation.

The “normal” ways of dealing with games that do not allow and controller and mouse together are either playing with mouse and keyboard or disabling the controller ingame and using the above mentioned gamepad emulation. It maps gamepad input to mouse/keyboard similar to tools like Xpadder and let’s you use your gamepad in every game that does not allow simultaneous gamepad/mouse use.

Marco
    Participant

Thanks can’t wait for the next Vorpx version.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just mind that what I wrote above about native gamepad use only applies to games that will work with the new Direct VR feature.

For other games that do not allow mouse and gamepad to be used together the gamepad emulation is and still will be the way to go. It works just as well and even has a few advantages (e.g. independent right stick y-axis sensitivity).

dragernen
    Participant

ok am happy to hear

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!