VorpX Beta Review

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion VorpX Beta Review

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    stevetb
    Participant

All,

Here is a review I found of a VorpX Beta test. I found this on Reddit under the Oculus forum (). I consider this a good sign the more Beta reviews we see, looks close.

-Steve

stevetb
    Participant

Sorry, hyperlink function did not take in original message.

Forum I saw this in:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus

Location of article:
    http://martincaine.com/gaming/day_twenty_three_with_the_oculus_rift_vorpx_beta

-Steve

MrGeddings
    Participant

great now just wish the guy woudnt take FOREVER to release it. Im getting my Rift tommmorow would be NICE to have VorpX come out soon!

Jomm
    Participant

excited for this, and tomorrow? im jealous. what was your order code?

MrGeddings
    Participant

i gave in and ordered one on ebay. perhaps now i should have waited but i stand by it. :-) now my birthday didnt suck!

MrGeddings
    Participant

its not fair that people get to try it out FREE and the ones who are WILLIng to pay you MONEY get nothing.

museumsteve
    Participant

You are going too far with requests like that.

HappyHimitsu
    Participant

^? This is the internet, really the guy can request whatever he wants to, why do you feel it is necessary to correct him?
    Sometimes I get the idea some people get worried when they see people making such demands because they are concerned that the complainers will ruin it for everyone else.
    You can’t really blame Mr.Geddings; the ranting is somewhat unnecessary, but he is right to say the lack of communication between the dev and the people is a little harrowing to those who are waiting.

Oculus Prime
    Participant

I think the Oculus creators are going to have to get into the software business for this thing to take off. Relying on game makers is a losing proposition. Just look at 3d technology. After a promising start 3d has been all but abondoned on the consoles because studios are refusing to invest extra money to satisfy a niche market. If it werent for Helix Mod cleaning up Nvidias laziness most 3d games on the pc would be unplayable today. Vorpx isnt looking to be the white knight anymore to springboard this technology and the game studios may not feel the profit incebtive to give us what we want. I’ll be keeping a close eye on what sort of partnerships the Oculus team can arrange but it looks like this is going to take quite soe time now.

museumsteve
    Participant

^? This is the internet, really the guy can request whatever he wants to, why do you feel it is necessary to correct him?<br>
    Sometimes I get the idea some people get worried when they see people making such demands because they are concerned that the complainers will ruin it for everyone else.<br>
    You can’t really blame Mr.Geddings; the ranting is somewhat unnecessary, but he is right to say the lack of communication between the dev and the people is a little harrowing to those who are waiting.

If you are replying to my post then shame on you. This is the vorpX official site and forum and you believe it’s okay for someone to request that someone leaks a beta illegally for other people to illegally download. What is wrong with you ?
    I run a videogame store..I have no time for dirty pirates on any level.

museumsteve
    Participant

I think the Oculus creators are going to have to get into the software business for this thing to take off. Relying on game makers is a losing proposition. Just look at 3d technology. After a promising start 3d has been all but abondoned on the consoles because studios are refusing to invest extra money to satisfy a niche market. If it werent for Helix Mod cleaning up Nvidias laziness most 3d games on the pc would be unplayable today. Vorpx isnt looking to be the white knight anymore to springboard this technology and the game studios may not feel the profit incebtive to give us what we want. I’ll be keeping a close eye on what sort of partnerships the Oculus team can arrange but it looks like this is going to take quite soe time now.

Why are people so worried. Anything the mainstream developers are doing now is purely at dev level. That’s like saying, OMG there’s no PS4 games in the shops…but that’s because it’s not out yet so it doesn’t matter.
    The consumer Rift is probably a good 18 months away. Anyone that has a devkit bought it knowing there were no commercially available games and that we’d either be making stuff ourselves or living on tech demos and apps form the community.

Susu986
    Participant

museumsteve: That’s fine, we know that. But when someone comes and tells you that he is developing a commercial software which would fill a big gap for Oculus users, than the person seemingly evoraporates into thin air, people get pissed off. It would take no more than one minute (!) for Ralf to make a short announcement every week where the development is heading. And unless he is trapped on the top of the Mount Everest without electricity and internet, I don’t see why he is unable to give us SOMETHING. Is this a huge request??? From future customers??? Damn…

museumsteve
    Participant

museumsteve: That’s fine, we know that. But when someone comes and tells you that he is developing a commercial software which would fill a big gap for Oculus users, than the person seemingly evoraporates into thin air, people get pissed off. It would take no more than one minute (!) for Ralf to make a short announcement every week where the development is heading. And unless he is trapped on the top of the Mount Everest without electricity and internet, I don’t see why he is unable to give us SOMETHING. Is this a huge request??? From future customers??? Damn…

I agree it’s frustrating but at the same time there’s something like maybe 10,000 rift’s out there now? and yet there’s not streams of people complaining about the delay.
    It’s interesting because I’ve just read a statement (this morning) by someone at Kunos Studios who are making Assetto Corsa racing sim. They constantly update their fans/future customers with developments and new features, licences etc..and yet they get abused and told they’re just teasing all the time. It seems whichever way you go it’s deemed wrong by someone.
    Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been looking forward to vorpX since day one, as each week goes by more official support is getting announced and with War Thunder already done, iRacing support next week, pCARS very soon (option is in this weeks build) I’ll only have to wait for rFactor2 and I wont need vorpX myself..
    I just decided to go elsewhere and enjoy the many other demos and apps while waiting for full gaming in VR :)

Susu986
    Participant

museumsteve: I got your point, and you are also right. But I’m not asking much, isn’t it??? And yeah, RFactor 2 would be nice! :)

museumsteve
    Participant

museumsteve: I got your point, and you are also right. But I’m not asking much, isn’t it??? And yeah, RFactor 2 would be nice! :)

Of course I’m with you all the way :) I’m just very mellow in my old age ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!