vorpX – black screen issue

Homepage Forums Technical Support vorpX – black screen issue

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    GproKaru
    Participant

It’s been a very long time since I’ve last used my Oculus DK2 and I thought I’d get back into using it again. Only problem is, it doesn’t seem to want to work with vorpX anymore.

I had to download the latest Oculus runtime software in order for vorpX to co-operate at all. But whenever I try to run anything through voprX, all I get is a black screen on my DK2 with just the audio. I tried this with a few games (System shock 2, Fallout 4, Fallout New Vegas just to name a few) and all of them do the exact same thing.

I tried everything recommended elsewhere on these forums and elsewhere but nothing seems to work at all so far~

Ralf
    Keymaster

Do you by any chance have a CPU/motherboard graphics enabled or are using another multi GPU setup?. vorpX needs to run on the same graphics card than the game runs on which isn’t always ensured if you have multiple GPUs active on your system.

GproKaru
    Participant

My laptop currently runs all programs through the Nvidia GeForce GTX860M card that has been built into it. So far I haven’t been able to find any configurations or settings that resolves this issue.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Can you use the DK2 at all on your laptop with the current Oculus software? Most laptops using mobile nVidia GPU are not compatible with the Oculus runtime since Oculus introduced direct mode only rendering over a year ago. Most of these laptops pass the HDMI signal through the integrated graphics, which makes direct mode unusable.

If you send a mail to support |at| vorpx com I can provide you with an older vorpX version that allows you to use vorpX with an older Oculus runtime (0.6) in extended mode.

GproKaru
    Participant

The old rift demo that came with the runtime software still works. And I used to run Alien Isolation and Elite Dangerous on this laptop with my rift so I know it’s possible. Thanks for the heads up.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The question is, is it possible with the latest Oculus software (Oculus Home) or do you need to use an old beta runtime, which sounds more likely to me.

It would need to work with the latest Oculus software for the current vorpX version to work, otherweise please send a mail to support |at| vorpx com and I can provide you with an older vorpX version that allows you to use vorpX with an older Oculus runtime (0.6) in extended mode.

GproKaru
    Participant

I sent an email through to support. It’s clear that my DK2 isn’t co-operating with the newer software but still seems functional with the older one.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!