Vorpx buyed,There will be others trackers support?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Vorpx buyed,There will be others trackers support?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rescue-Gamer
    Participant

Hi, I bought with a friend vorpx and we are waiting fore the key. we don’t have any original oculus rift, we built our own homemade oculus rift, a DIY Rift. I use an andorid phone with freepie as tracker, and I want to know if vorpx will support others trackers for headtracking like shared memory tracker, freetrack, opentrack, trackir or even razer hydra; some of this option would be perfect to use head tracking with my DIY rift. I can emulate the mouse (which is very good), but with this I can’t use Yaw axis with my head. Thanks a lot for your work Ralf!

Dudesre89
    Participant

I would love to see a pic of your DIY Rift. Can you tell me what you used and I might put one together myself. What lenses, mobile, etc? And what did you incase it in? One thing I hate about the Dev kit is the resolution and that screen door effect.

Rescue-Gamer
    Participant

The screen can be improve if you found a better lcd. I let you here two videos of my channel, in one I show how i bult my DIY Rift, and in other i show the hmd working (the videos are in spanish, sorry, but you can take a look anyway):

Rescue-Gamer
    Participant

The links are not showed, don’t know why. Copy the url on the browser:

how to build a DIY Rift:

My DIY Rift in action:

Ralf
    Keymaster

Hi RescueGamer:

Currently vorpX *requires* an Oculus Rift to work, which was also stated as system requirement on the purchase page…

Since you already bought vorpX, I guess we’ll have to figure something out for you. Please send a mail to support |at| vorpx com as soon as possible, I’m sure we’ll find a way to make you happy one way or the other.

Rescue-Gamer
    Participant

I sent you an email, sorry for the problem, I think that make vorpx compatible with DIY Rift is not too hard, the program is done, only need to execute it without an oculus rift conneced, and if possible others trackers support. Hope you can find a solution, thanks for your work!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!