VorpX can inject only to very few games

Homepage Forums Technical Support VorpX can inject only to very few games

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    frydzielson
    Participant

Hi. I am completely new to VorpX. I am using Rift S with my Lenovo Legion Y540 laptop. It has I7 9th gen, RTX 2060 and 32 GB RAM onboard. Display is 1920×1080 px.

I think I tried everything and can’t launch VorpX with most of my games. Only very few of them work with no issues (like Metro 2033 or Fallout New Vegas).
    Tried to hook it up with Witcher 3, CP2077, Subnautica Below Zero, 7 days to die, BeamNG Drive, Satisfactory, Space Engineers and many more. I added custom resolutions in NVidia CP, tried to change in-game setting and still nothing :(
    Help me please! I don’t know what to do.
    Desktop Viewer works perfectly fine.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you didn’t do that already, please first try the options offered in the ‘Attaching to…’ dialog after a while, i.e. installing hook helpers to the game folder and the alternative hooking method. One of these options should help with the majority of hooking issues without having to get to the bottom of the matter.

If that does not help, please check for conflicts with other programs on your PC that might interfere. The most likely candidate would be some invasive third party antivirus program. If you use anything else than Windows Defender, the best you can do is removing it entirely. Windows Defender will kick in instead. There is no real need for third party AV on Windows 10. Windows Defender is more than good enough for several years now.

If it’s not an AV scanner problem, please check for other potential conflicts, The trouble shooting guide on top of this sub forum has more details on the matter.

frydzielson
    Participant

Thank you for your reply. Problem is I don’t see this dialog or even the one informing me that it is hooking up to a process. My AV is Bitdefender Total Security. Damn, I will uninstall it and try then. It is odd that some games work.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Uh, the BD thing. That’s almost certainly the issue here. It has a function they ironically call “Advanced Threat Protection”, which fairly unadvanced flatout breaks certain Windows functions used to hook into games. If you’re lucky, disabling that might suffice. Given the general invasiveness of the tool getting rid of it entirely might be the better idea though.

Smoils
    Participant

From personal experience hooking was very inconsistent – first time launching games hooked, then just restarting broke it, had more luck using injectors until I finally pinpointed it to nod32 antivirus, thing was I already had vorpx in exclusions of one protection type and just missed another button with exclusions and weird part was pressing “pause protection” in their quick context menu didnt stop it from preventing vorpx from hooking.

TL/DR: antiviruses can easily give you headaches with hooking, sometimes hook helper dlls can help if you cant find where to disable AV bullshit.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I honestly have no clue why anyone would still install one of those awfully invasive and often flatout annoying third party AV programs with all their false positive alarms, nag screens, and in the worst case even unbelievable privacy disasters (e.g. Avast selling full browser histories).

Windows Defender is an excellent AV solution for years now that works without literally bricking half of Windows. Not entirely without issues, there also has been one or the other false positive after some vorpX update. But unlike others Microsoft always resolved that quickly. There simply is no reason anymore to use anything else.

frydzielson
    Participant

Thank you Ralf! I will never buy this bitdefender shit again! Everything works now perfectly!

I have to say that VorpX is a great example of brilliant programming :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!