VorpX config not working

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion VorpX config not working

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    SPAS
    Participant

It cannot start, either tells me vorpConfig has encountered a user-defined breakpoint or vorpConfig has stopped working

I searched the forums, but all the information I find seem to fail me.

Reinstalling does not work.

Deleting the Oculus folder in …\Appdata\local doesn’t work.

Adding an exception to the anti virus doesn’t work.

Updating video drivers doesn’t work.

I can’t remember what and if I have done something that changed it, but it stopped working yesterday, after a bit of started fiddling with Skyrim.

I am on win10 x64, GTC 980ti, Oculus CV1.

Any ideas?

SPAS
    Participant

I have also tried enabling .net Framework 3.5, that does not help.

beatet
    Participant

It´s not working for me too

Ralf
    Keymaster

Something like that most likely is caused by virus scanners or other security software. Try to disable/uninstall your virus scanner for testing. If that helps, please exclude the vorpX program folder from scanning.

Another possibility would be a corrupt DotNet 3.5 installation. You can check your DotNet install with the below tool from Microsoft:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135

Markocova
    Participant

Hello!

My vorpx wont start!

Tray icon dissapear after i put mouse cursor on it.
    vorpx Desktop viewer wont start.I disable my windows defender i reinstall vorpx still wont start!

Help please!

Ralf
    Keymaster

This almost certainly is caused by a virus scanner or something similar.

Please check whether you have any other security software installed besides Windows Defender. Windows Defender should not cause any issues, other virus scanners/security sofware might.

Andrewcd
    Participant

mine stopped working too, so weird, just today it stopped working

Ralf
    Keymaster

Since vorpX hasn’t changed, it’s even more likely that this is caused by a virus scanner or something similar, which might have received a definition update that now causes this issue.

if start crashes happen, disabling/uninstalling virus scanners should *always* be the first thing to try. Most scanners also allow to exclude directories from scanning, in which case excluding the vorpX program folder would solve this.

Andrewcd
    Participant

the only thing i can think of for me *cause the firewall tip didn’t work for me* is to restore to the 25th, i’ve had times before where i would clean my registry and it would mess with some programs for some reason, i also did install an old vista version of sound blaster, that’s probably why, oh well, restore shouldn’t take that long anyways, 30 minutes or less
    at least vorpx still works, but it does come in handy looking at that list of local profiles *the only one that doesnt work* to know which games i can use or buy

Restore it is boys

Andrewcd
    Participant

nope i cant even restore to that day, guess, the local profiles are gone, i wish there was a list on the vorpx site that is connected to the vorpx local profile list and updated automatically, is that possible ralph? or maybe an update to the local profile section, i sort of miss it, i dont know which games support vorpx now…

Andrewcd
    Participant

the supported 3d games list on the site ralph, is that updated with new 3d games? cause if it is i can use that, something is something, i dont care about 2d supported, cause thats not why i got vorpx you know what i mean, but if that online list is updated with the new 3d games then i can just use that

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!