Vorpx Config window disappears

Homepage Forums Technical Support Vorpx Config window disappears

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Ogrescar
    Participant

Frequently occurs when I try to download a profile from the cloud. The config window disappears, even though the .exe is still running. I have to kill it with task manager and restart to get the window back.

Not a big issue, just annoying.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Never heard of that before, but there is a similar issue when trying to open the cloud profile page with a DotNet version slightly below the one vorpX expects. Maybe yours is related. Shouldn’t be an issue on Win 10, but if you happen to still be on Windows 7, make sure that DotNet 4.6.2 is installed. The .2 being crucial here, with 4.6.0 you would encounter the issue.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53344

Ogrescar
    Participant

I’m using Windows 10 with NET Framework 4.8.04084 so I doubt that’s the problem.
    The error is logged in the Windows application log.

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException

Application: vorpConfig.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
    at System.IO.FileStream.Init(System.String, System.IO.FileMode, System.IO.FileAccess, Int32, Boolean, System.IO.FileShare, Int32, System.IO.FileOptions, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES, System.String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(System.String, System.IO.FileMode, System.IO.FileAccess, System.IO.FileShare, Int32, System.IO.FileOptions, System.String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)
    at System.IO.File.InternalWriteAllBytes(System.String, Byte[], Boolean)
    at System.IO.File.WriteAllBytes(System.String, Byte[])
    at YuPPKHaMYBZqEvJWqhegjVBjyMHh.​‍​‮‫‬‌‌‍‮‬‪‫‎‏‌‎‌‬‫​‭‫​​‭‮()
    at YuPPKHaMYBZqEvJWqhegjVBjyMHh.‭‬‌‏​‍‮‎‭‏‮​‌‍​‍‭‎​​‬‎‌‬‮‍‮‌‮(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean)
    at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
    at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
    at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(System.Object, System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(System.Delegate, System.Object)
    at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(System.Delegate, System.Object)
    at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean)
    at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, System.Windows.RoutedEvent)
    at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(System.Object, System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(System.Delegate, System.Object)
    at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean)
    at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
    at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(System.Windows.Input.InputEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(System.Windows.Input.InputReport)
    at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr, System.Windows.Input.InputMode, Int32, System.Windows.Input.RawMouseActions, Int32, Int32, Int32)
    at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr, MS.Internal.Interop.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
    at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
    at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
    at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
    at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
    at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
    at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
    at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
    at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
    at ‬‪‮‫‬​‎‏‏‎‎‍‏‬‭‫‎‮‏‬‪‭‬‍‮.​‏‬​‏‏‪‍‎​‌​​‏‪‫‌‏‏​‎‌‎‭‏‫‎‌‫‏‮()

Ralf
    Keymaster

That is definitely not the error I had in mind. The only directory I’m aware of that is accessed during the profile download is a temp folder that the config app creates upon start, should be virtually impossible that this folder isn’t present.

Considering that I never heard of this issue before: did you maybe set up your user temp folder in some *really* unusual fashion? E.g. moved it to a network drive, write protected it or something similar?

Ogrescar
    Participant

My temp files are in the default location on my c: drive, C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp. System temp files are in C:\Window\Temp.

I would be suspicious of an antivirus program causing it, and in fact removed avast antivirus from my machine a couple of days ago, but the problem still persists.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Extremely weird then. Does importing cloud profiles work despite the error? I would assume it to fail entirely if the error is caused by the temp file access that I’m supecting.

Ogrescar
    Participant

It doesn’t download the selected profile when it crashes. Restarting and downloading it again works.

It’s sporadic. I can download some profiles without issue and then the window will just close. I have to kill the process with an external utility (the executable doesn’t show up in task manager but it is actually still running, just no window).

Anyway, At this point I’m inclined to believe that the .net framework is acting wonky and has nothing to do with your code.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I just realized that the temp folder might get deleted while the config app is running when you press the ‘Apply’ button and some change requires a vorpX restart. Only very few settings changes cause a vorpX restart (e.g. the ‘run as admin’ option) and also the folder should be recreated a nanosecond later, but it’s pretty much the only thing I can imagine on vorpX’s end.

Instead of using the same temp folder name for both the actual vorpX app and the config app I’ll use a different name for the config app in the next version, just in case. That’s better anyway as it avoids any theoretical issue like the above in the first place.

BTW: No need to press ‘Apply’ after importing profiles.

Ogrescar
    Participant

Well, this happened again, not while I was downloading a profile but while I was adding an .exe to an existing profile. After I restarted the config app, my local profile database was gone. I lost all of my game settings and custom profiles, including the changes I’d made with the G3D shader tool, which is extremely annoying because I’m going to have to start from scratch on a G3D profile I’d been working on.

The crash was a System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException according to the event log but that’s too generic to be of any help. Basically, my Profiles.vpd file was truncated to 3 bytes.

Anyway, guess I’m going to set up a backup job on the ProgramData\Animation Labs\Vorpx folder in case it happens again.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Too late in this case, but you can save individual profiles to disk as files via drag and drop from the local profiles list.

Would be great if you could post the event log entry no matter how generic it looks. If there is some issue that can wipe the entire profile database, I’d definitely like to take a look at that.

Ogrescar
    Participant

This is the event log.

Application: vorpConfig.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException
    at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Prepare(System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection, System.String, System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteStatement, UInt32, System.String ByRef)
    at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.BuildNextCommand()
    at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.GetStatement(Int32)
    at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
    at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand, System.Data.CommandBehavior)
    at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(System.Data.CommandBehavior)
    at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery(System.Data.CommandBehavior)
    at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
    at ‌‎‏‫‍‬‫‌‬‫‭​‌‬‬‏‎‎‪‌‫‪‏‭‮.‍‮‪‫‌‫‫‮‎‪‮‭‪‫‏‭‭​​​‮‌‮(‎‎‎‏‪‮​‪‎‫‭‬‭‏‭‏‫‌‫‎‪‭​‍‭‎‭‮, System.String, System.String, System.String)
    at ‌‎‏‫‍‬‫‌‬‫‭​‌‬‬‏‎‎‪‌‫‪‏‭‮.‪‎‏‫‫‌​​‫‫​‬‪‮‮‏‪‫‌‮​‮‎‏‫‌‮(‎‎‎‏‪‮​‪‎‫‭‬‭‏‭‏‫‌‫‎‪‭​‍‭‎‭‮)
    at AAQYYPvBOrhxaGsVHzMOfZpUKhUr.​‭‫‪‬‫‬‏‍‬‎‏‏‌​‎‫‭‎‮‮‭‬‮(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
    at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
    at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(System.Object, System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, System.Windows.RoutedEvent)
    at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(System.Object, System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean)
    at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
    at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(System.Windows.Input.InputEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(System.Windows.Input.InputReport)
    at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr, System.Windows.Input.InputMode, Int32, System.Windows.Input.RawMouseActions, Int32, Int32, Int32)
    at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr, MS.Internal.Interop.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
    at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
    at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
    at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
    at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
    at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
    at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
    at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
    at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
    at ‬‪‮‫‬​‎‏‏‎‎‍‏‬‭‫‎‮‏‬‪‭‬‍‮.​‏‬​‏‏‪‍‎​‌​​‏‪‫‌‏‏​‎‌‎‭‏‫‎‌‫‏‮()

After that, the following log entry.

Faulting application name: vorpConfig.exe, version: 20.3.1.0, time stamp: 0x5f357123
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.488, time stamp: 0x42f14898
    Exception code: 0xe0434352
    Fault offset: 0x00129962
    Faulting process id: 0x3b5c
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d6990b68ff4a8b
    Faulting application path: H:\games\Animation Labs\vorpX\vorpConfig.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: a46a6b25-6f59-412d-9df9-defc126ecb70
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Ogrescar
    Participant

I think this may be caused my documents folder, which on my system is a symbolic link to another hdd.

Just a thought.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Unlikely. The only things stored under Documents are background images for cinema mode.

I’m pretty sure that the first one you posted will be gone with the next version, that one is almost certainly related to the potential temp folder glitch outlined above. Until the next update you should be able to work around it by restarting the config app before downloading a profile from the cloud.

The second one however… Judging from your event log entry executing the database command (which in this case would be adding the .exe name) causes an exception in the SQL library. I haven’t been able to reproduce that though. Do you maybe have some exact steps to reliably reproduce it?

Ogrescar
    Participant

The error occurred when I tried to add an executable to an existing custom profile. The application paused briefly (as if it were waiting for a lock to be released)), then the window disappeared.

The config app is very unstable on my machine. I have to kill the orphaned process and restart it frequently. I’ve got a backup job running on the profiles file so I don’t lose data again.

Anyway, I think my machine is to blame, not your app. In a previous life I wrote C# code for a living and I’ve got multiple versions of visual studio installed. I really don’t know what’s in my installed .net framework anymore, but there’s probably something in my machine config that vorpx doesn’t like.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!